Scone MacBunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been on the forum recently ,
Mike
I am so sorry that you lost Scone; it is particularly difficult when it is unexpected.
RIP Scone bunny :innocent
You were Loved

:angelandbunny:

I can't believe I am just seeing this now!
I just saw his name and my heart sank :(
I loved Scone so much, so sorry for your loss.
RIP Scone :(
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I received a sympathy card from the vets and techs at Cornell Exotic hospital yesterday, and I was really touched. It wasn't the card, although it was thoughtful of them to send it, but rather that three of the vets or techs took the time to write personal notes:

I'm very sorry about your loss of Scone. He was such a treasure! I'm sure he'll be missed.

Scone was such a lovely rabbit and he was very lucky to have such a devoted caregiver. We always enjoyed hearing about Scone's adventures, and he will be missed.

My deepest sympathies during your time of loss. I am sure this is not the end of his adventures. Scone will remain in our memories forever.
Yes. He will be, and is, missed.

Sorry he passed away. Scone is a beautiful bun and quite a legend. May God comfort you and give you peace. I can see Scone sitting on a directors chair at the bridge.

Binky free Scone,you will be greatly missed!

I can't believe I'm only finding out now that Scone has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. I feel awful for only now seeing this and also that he is gone. I loved looking at the pictures of him, he was such a beautiful and personable bun. I'm so very sorry for your loss, Mike. Scone was truly blessed to have you as his slave.

:pray:

I'm so sorry to see Scone has gone to the Bridge Mike :tears2:

Iremember reading his and your blog a little while ago, looking at the photos and thinking what a lovely life he led with you. May the many good memories help you through the hard times.

Perhaps Scone will somehow lead you to the next bun to share your home.

RIP Scone MacBunny - a handsome Gentlebun.

:rainbow::rose:

Love from
Jo xx

I picked up Scone's ashes this morning. I didn't think it would affect me as much as it did - I had to sit in the car for a while before I could drive away from Cornell.

So Sorry Mike. I know it is rough to loose something that you loved so much. But I have a question that haves been on my mind that I read in your blog. You said something about you got an necropsy done on him. I was wondering if you got it back.

mistyjr wrote:
You said something about you got an necropsy done on him. I was wondering if you got it back.
Not yet. I asked about it when I picked up the ashes. They said it could take three weeks or so to get the report out. Someone's supposed to call and give me a status report.

MikeScone wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
You said something about you got an necropsy done on him. I was wondering if you got it back.
Not yet. I asked about it when I picked up the ashes. They said it could take three weeks or so to get the report out. Someone's supposed to call and give me a status report.

Okay.. I was just wondering about and I just wanted to asked! :hug1

Mike ... I missed this thread until now. I am so shocked and saddened to hear of Scone's passing. He was an awesome bunny and loved by many. So sorry for your loss.

mistyjr wrote:
The vet at Cornell called today with Scone's necropsy results. Seems like he had a lot going on at the end. According to the vet, Scone was suffering from the following:
  • heart fibrosis (this is probably what took him in the end, and explains the arrhythmia they found in Spring)
  • liver problems (new to me)
  • kidney inflammation and fibrosis (caused by the calcification we knew about from his episode in December)
  • a parasite in his brain (the vet said it is common in older rabbits, and could have caused neurological symptoms)
  • gastric ulcers (caused by the stress of the above)
Poor old fellow.

PS-I did ask, and the vet said the parasite would only have been passed on in urine, which is unlikely when it was localized in the brain, and that the sterilization I did and the passage of time would have killed any remaining around, so there's no danger of Natasha picking it up from Scone's cage or toys.

Oh dear! When I saw this......
You shared pictures of Scone and his Border's bunny the other day on a thread I started- the picture were so cute that I passed them on to my family and friends, who got a nice chuckle about Mister Scone's personality and pictures.

I just wanted to let you know that just those pictures alone that I saw brought me and others such joy and happiness. He seemed like a very well loved bunny, and I am sure you will miss him greatly. I haven't had an extensive time on these forums yet, but I can tell that he touched a lot of hearts.

Rest in Peace, lovely Scone. Many friends are waiting to play and snuggle with you. :pray:

Hang in there! And have a great trip to Scotland!

Latest posts

Back