School

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom and her siblings would walk to school even when they are sick puking. yes that is sad, up hils an down hills both ways every single day rain, shine, snow, ice you name it. My grandfather very rarely drove them to school.

One time my mom got sick and fainted, she had to walk home by herself. It was bad, my grandmother did not drive and only had 1 car too.

So complaining about buses, we are very fortunate to ride buses. The only thing I hated is when they come too early or very late on cold, snowy and rainy days.

I have always hated school It has been 10 years in June since I left High School.

I know this isn't exactly a timely response to this post but I promise its school related. I'm taking this class (Article and Essay Workshop... oh to be an English major...) and I'm writing about rabbits and in specific the bond between rabbit's and colleged aged students. So do you think anyone could help me out?

I know pet ownership is a huge responsibility, but I'm interested in the emotional attachment that a rabbit can bring to a college student that is especially valuable.
For instance, when I was leaving home for the first time I really sought comfort in my rabbit.

Do you have any similar stories?
Why are you attached to your small animal?
Is the bond you have affected by the fact that you are/were a student?
Do you have any stories you'd like to share about college life and your small animal?
Feel free to answer as many or as few as you like, you're helping me here so I can't be picky :) Thanks SOOO much! Feel free to message me if you don't want to post :)

i got my rabbit as a senior in college. i had been wanting one since christmas, but didn't have enough spare time to care for one. my boyfriend of ~2 years and i "went on a break" several months later, and then i realized it was time for me to have someone else to love! i think i'm so attached to my rabbit because i got him at a time of emotional turmoil and i thought through having a rabbit for so long. it also makes me feel like a "real adult" to have something that depends on me, and i like feeling responsible. it makes me feel accomplished to know that i have been able to make him happy. plus, their time schedule works very well with a college student. active in evenings, not when we're at class during the day.
i'm in grad school now and i love my bunny. we get to spend a lot of time together, since i'm at home studying a lot. plus i know he'll be ok if i leave him alone all day.
i think rabbits are good pets for college students because of their daily schedule, the fact that they're relatively easy to care for (no needing to take them on walks, etc) and still provide a lot of emotional response (unlike a smaller animal that only likes you when you're feeding it, or fish that just glub glub).
however, i had 4 roommates who liked to have parties and listen to music and the tv very loud, and were very messy, so there were some bunny conflicts there. ie i didn't like that they were slobs and left old food on the floor where he could eat it. they didn't like that tony wanted to go into their rooms and eat their power cords. most of the time, though, he wanted to be out in the common room where everyone was because he likes to be around people, even if they're noisy. they also wanted him to let them pet him. i think he wasn't affectionate enough for them.
most of my funny college/bunny stories deal with him trying to eat my thesis/other important papers, or him running down the hallway and crashing into the wall as part of his "bunny 500s." he also did some serious damage to some textbooks.

Oh yeah? When I was your age, I walked 5 miles to school, uphill! Both ways! And in blizzards.

LOL...you obviously went to school with my dad, because he walked that same route! Uphill both ways, in snowstorms, and in bare feet. ;)

I must admit, I hated school. Found it boring and stressful both at the same time. I was incredibly introverted and found it terribly hard to make friends - thoughI always did seem to have one. The subjects - and the teachers - put me to sleep! If anyone ever saw the original version of the movie "My Friend Flicka"...well, I was Ken. Daydreamed my way through my classes, forever looking out the window and thinking about being outdoors on a horse. And almost every instructor I had seemed to be a bad imitation of Ferris Beuller's teacher. ("Beuller...Beuller...Beuller...")

I also tend to lean toward the artistic/creative side rather than science or math, and back in 'those days' the arts were barely even touched upon. The highlight of my week was composition, for that's when we were allowed to sit and write stories. I excelled there, but even ran into some opposition with my teacher when, after I submitted one story I'd written about a horse, she refused to give me a perfect grade because - as she put it - the word 'hackamore' did not exist. She claimed I'd made it up, and as such she had to mark my story down. She also used to hint to the class that I was copying my stories from books and magazines, which riled me to no end.

But...I did make it through school alive, though I cannot tell you names of historic events, past prime ministers and presidents,orrhyme off battle dates any more than I could tell you the square root of a hypotenuse (whatever that is). In looking back, I think what our school system needed was a hypodermic needle filled with teachers cloned from Robin Williams. That would have made even the most mundane of topics enjoyable! Forget having to memorize what yearthe War of 1812 took place...bring in Teacher Williams to tear up the classroom with silliness and over-exaggerated flambuoyancy, and I guarantee we'd have a future nation filled with Einsteins. (Either that, or stand-up comedy acts would become our main contribution to the world.)

:D

myLoki wrote:
Awwww ..... I hope my kids don't feel that way about me.:( I'm a PE coach and I tutor math. School is work. That's how I look at it. It's a job that I like to do so I guess I'm kinda lucky.

t.

XxMontanaxX wrote:
my teachers are stupid

I'm sure they don't. I don't mean they are stupid stupid, they just don't know how to get whats in their head into the students heads. They can't explain things at all.

I would say I just don't get it, but I hear a lot of people saying the same thing.

I'm sure you are great. <3

Lol my first job ever, I did have to walk 3 miles uphill (only one way though) in a blizzard :p

Latest posts

Back