School Project :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteviesMom

Reaction score
I know this is kind of random, but I'm wondering if anyone would like to share some of their life stories to help me write a paper for my women's history class. Basically, I need to interview someone about their life! The interview has to be from a woman :) I have a bunch of questions and you can answer them on the pm system here. I would really appreciate some info. If you are of a ethnic background, that would be extremely helpful! The paper is to explore the differences within cultures. I will need some general information but nothing too personal. Please let me know if you'd be willing to help :) I will list the information I need to write the essay here. Thank you all!!

You first name and last initial:
Your Birthdate:
Birth Place: (State and County)
What is your ethnicity or heritage?
What was your community like?
Do you have siblings? Whats the birth order in your family?
How would you describe your childhood?
Did you go to public or private school?
Which county?
What was the ethnic breakdown in your school?
Was it a positive or negative experience and why?
Were women treated differently?
How many years of schooling did you complete?
Have you always lived in the US?
Have you moved to different areas in the US?
Did you come from another country?
Where have you worked?
What types of occupations have you held?
What were your salaries like? Did you feel they varied because you are a woman?
What is the ethnic breakdown of your current/past jobs?
What kinds of experiences have you had with people from different cultures?
Do you speak any languages other than english? What language? How often do you speak it?
What are your religious practices?
What have been your health practices? Yearly checkups? Ect.
What kinds of customs do you have?
Do you engage in any cultural celebrations?
What kind of music do you enjoy?
Do you enjoy certain types of art?
What do you do for leisure?
If you'd like to provide any other information about the dynamic within your family or relationship with your significant other, I would appreciate that as well.

If there are some questions you don't feel comfortable answering, just skip them :)
Thank you again if you take the time to answer these questions to help me. I am working really hard to earn all A's this semester :)

I'll do it if you PM me. I've tried to get historiography participants before for studies, and it's really hard to get people to commit to interviews. PM me what you want to know, and I'll respond!

I agree, that is a lot of personal information lol. Sorry I would help you but I'm likely too young to produce the dramatic results I'm sure you're looking for!

Hi guys! Thank you so much for the responses :) I am currently a junior in college and the essay is supposed to help compare and contrast the lives of women and men and women of different ethnicities. The essay has to be quite long so getting some background about someone is important to allow me to be able to properly share their story. If you are uncomfortable with any of the questions, yoy absolutely do not have to answer. I really really appreciate the people who have replied!

A long time ago when I was a Sophomore in college I did a series of taped interviews we called living histories. The best was the great grandfather of a friend that was over 100 and had been a teamster driving wagons from Nevada to the gold camps in California. Stick with it--good results are always hard to come by but so worth the effort.

Latest posts

Back