Schleich Collectors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be so awesome! Thanks, and let me know how you would like me to pay you...I don't have PayPal, but could send you a check, cash, or whatever like that to pay for it plus shipping to the US. Thanks so much! You're sweet!

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
I really want the pygmy rabbit, but can't find it anywhere around here.

moz-screenshot.jpg
I will get it for you. After work today I will stop and get it. My little gift for helping us get Apple.:biggrin2:

Bassetluv wrote:
I really want the pygmy rabbit, but can't find it anywhere around here.

moz-screenshot.jpg

If I can find one at one of the stores this weekend, I could pick one up and send it to you...
If you're interested let me know and I can go a-lookin'. :)
:pI KNOW we have it at the little toy shop.

Lord almighty..

The first time I saw this thread and it said *I finally figured out what I want to collect* and the pics had all these orange and lemon Starburst on the desk.. I was like..."this girl is a nutter.. it's just candy.."

Heh

Thanks JadeIcing! :D

:pI KNOW we have it at the little toy shop.
:p:p:p...so you're saying that your store is better than my store?!? :p:X:disgust:

(However, just in case they all ran away :)biggrin2:), if they have run out let me know, and I'll look for one here.)

I'm actually doing a quick run downtown after work today and will take a peek and see, tho I won't pick one up since you're going to...but if your store has run out Jade,let me know...

I got it.

Zin keep it up and I will mail you some candy.

Rises from seat, walks to microphone...

*Tap tap tap*

Clears throat and nervously begins confession:

"Hi. Uh...my, uh...my name is Bassetuv..."

Pauses, then continues:

"M..my name is Bassetluv, and I am a Schleichoholic."

Stands in tears as the sound of a single clap echoes in the room, then another joins in, and another, and another, until the hall is filled with resounding applause...

:p

I swore I wasn't buying any more for a while...then I went downtown tonight, and well...the rest speaks for itself.

Arabian mare
aug7082arabianmare640x480.jpg

Holstein calf
aug7082holsteincalf640x480.jpg

Holstein cow
aug7082holsteincow640x480.jpg

Mom and babe
aug7082momandcalf640x480.jpg

Pinto stallion
aug7082pinto2640x480.jpg

aug7082pinto1640x480.jpg

And I had to put back a couple of others I almost got. The store had some new stock in and I just couldn't resist. AND...JadeIcing, I'm so glad you picked up the pigmy rabbit, because the only bunny they had at the store I went to was the English spot. :?

Oh, and here's a shot of the whole gang...I think I need another shelf:

aug7082schleichgang640x480.jpg

I doubled my collection tonight! I now have 12 and will have to find a better place to put them all since my little display cabinet is now full. Since this is a new thread, I'll mention that I didn't start collecting these little guys until JadeIcing started the previous thread and mentioned them! I'd seen customers come through my check out line at work with them sometimes and always meant to go take a look at them, but never did. Now it's just great that I work at a store that sells them... or is that a bad thing since I'll be buying them all the time? Oh and I've named them all :embarrassed:

Here are the ones I had before today:

Pinto stallion, Killian:
PaulsCameraPhotos037.jpg

PaulsCameraPhotos038.jpg

Lipizzaner foal, Trinity (female):
PaulsCameraPhotos036.jpg

Wild Rabbit, Holly (male):
PaulsCameraPhotos043.jpg

PaulsCameraPhotos044.jpg

brown eyed Panda cub, Hei Ping (female):
PaulsCameraPhotos041.jpg

PaulsCameraPhotos042.jpg

Polar Bear cub, Valentin (male):
PaulsCameraPhotos039.jpg

PaulsCameraPhotos040.jpg

Shire foal, Emily:
PaulsCameraPhotos035.jpg

Anyway, as we were driving home from the fair this evening, we went by the feed store which had a sign out front saying "Breyer horses are here". I knew from Bassetluv that Breyer is another brand of animal figurines, so we went in to take a look. I didn't see any Breyer horses, but they had a pretty darn big selection of Schleich! The store closed in 15 minutes and I didn't want to take too long, so I pretty much just grabbed the ones that really caught my eye and then picked a couple more that I liked. There were several more that I really wanted. I hope to go back next week well before they close and take my time looking :biggrin2:

Here are the ones I got today:

PaulsCameraPhotos027.jpg

Appaloosa stallion (this one feels harder than the others, his main brown color is actually brown plastic and I noticed he has the date 2002 on his belly. The other Appaloosa stallions had darker colored paint, when I go back next time I'm going to take a closer look at them!), Sebastian:
PaulsCameraPhotos017.jpg

Shetland Pony foal, Charlotte:
PaulsCameraPhotos019.jpg

Falabella stallion, Theodore:
PaulsCameraPhotos018.jpg

Swan, Kassimer (male):
PaulsCameraPhotos022.jpg

Swabian-Hall piglet, Fern (female):
PaulsCameraPhotos024.jpg

PaulsCameraPhotos026.jpg

colorful Rooster, Edward:
PaulsCameraPhotos020.jpg

Here is everyone all together:

PaulsCameraPhotos030.jpg

PaulsCameraPhotos032.jpg

Horses:
PaulsCameraPhotos034.jpg

I like all of mine a lot, but I think I like the Pinto stallion, Lipizzaner foal and Shetland Pony foal the best. The little piglet and polar bear are really close. I was excited to find the Falabella and Appaloosa today because they were ones I liked a lot from pictures.

Oh, how is Schleich pronounced in the US? I speak German and have been pronouncing it the German way, but I doubt most English speakers pronounce the last ch how it should be pronounced.

I am so proud of you guys. I have tears in my eyes. Shiloh you and I have to talk. I can't find that wild bunny. I have been to 4 places. I have4 more to check.

I've never seen the wild bunny here either. (Love the pic of him face on!)

And I have fallen in love with the piglet! I don't think I've seen that model here either; will have to check closer next time I'm out. Love the swan too...he's got 'tude! :pHe reminds me of the Royal swans that swim in the Rideau River every summer...they hate my dog and will rise up and hiss and flap their wings at her. So she hates them back too (but is terrified of them...lol).

I tend to pronounce Schleich "Shlike" (the word 'like' with an sh before it...that's the best way I know to describe it).

Oh my goodness, thank you soooo much! That is so sweet of you. I just got back to town and checked the thread......you are awesome!!!!

I will get it for you. After work today I will stop and get it. My little gift for helping us get Apple.
Do you need my snail mail addy? Let me know, and I'll pm you! I'm so excited!!!!

PM me I will mail it out tomorrow.

Oh my goodness, thank you soooo much! That is so sweet of you. I just got back to town and checked the thread......you are awesome!!!!

I will get it for you. After work today I will stop and get it. My little gift for helping us get Apple.
Do you need my snail mail addy? Let me know, and I'll pm you! I'm so excited!!!!

It's funny, the wild rabbit is the ONLY rabbit I've been able to find here! Okay, so I've only been to two stores that sell Schleich, but still. I really like the while bunny with the black spots, and there's a retired lop bunny that's really cute too.

I almost bought a couple more horses after work, but managed to resist. Next week I can get a couple more!

I am thinking if there is a specific one I want that I can't find you getting it there and sending it here an me getting one you want but can't find and shipping it here.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
It's funny, the wild rabbit is the ONLY rabbit I've been able to find here! Okay, so I've only been to two stores that sell Schleich, but still. I really like the while bunny with the black spots, and there's a retired lop bunny that's really cute too.

I almost bought a couple more horses after work, but managed to resist. Next week I can get a couple more!

Count me in on the shipping effort! We have a Tractor Supply, a Target, and two small independent toy stores that are Schleich merchants, as well. I've been able to find all but the pygmy rabbit. Let me know if I can help!

Wow! I want that arabian mare, Bassetluv! I think I'm going to start collecting this models too. My feed store has them, and they're all so beautiful. They even sell like horse trailers, dressage arenas, and tons of other accessories so you can have the Schleich farm! lol. That piglet is sooo cute, too!

Emily

I got two at fair last week. I am so into cows, so I got the Holstein Cow and Calf. I will take pics and post them later. i want the bunnies! and the pig! They had sheep and lots more at the fair.

Cool. As long as it is just adults it is ok.

Count me in on the shipping effort! We have a Tractor Supply, a Target, and two small independent toy stores that are Schleich merchants, as well. I've been able to find all but the pygmy rabbit. Let me know if I can help!

Latest posts

Back