"Scented" litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bville

Reaction score
I just bought a corner litter box and when I got it home I noticed that it smelled like baby powder, then saw on the label it says "Fresh Baby Powder Scent." I'm afraid to use it because I don't know if my rabbit will like it. Has anyone used one of these "scented" litter boxes? Does the scent wear off after you wash it?

I would be hesitant to use something scented for rabbits. I would return it if you can and see if they have any that aren't scented.
If you can't return it, I would wash it really well and maybe leave it outside for a bit to help the smell dissipate. I'd think the scent should wear off, but it might take a while and a few washings.

I agree. I'd try to return it. I think it's best to avoid scented products of any kinds for rabbits.
I just use a sterilite storage container from wal-mart for my litter box. They are nice and roomy (and cheap). The corner boxes tend to be cramped.

I can return it. I was hoping not to have to make a trip to the store, but I don't want my rabbit loosing his litter training habits because of the smell.

I bought a scented one by accident.
Gave it a good soak, ran it through the dishwasher and left it in the sun for a few days. smell sorta subsided. Didn't bug the bunnies at all, but the baby powder scent makes me feel sick so I had to try and get rid of the smell.

Latest posts

Back