scent glands under chin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massie777

Reaction score
i know that rabbits have scent glands under there chin thats why they chin everything but one of my rescue bunnies has just recently had a very wet chin. it is like soaked with scent. i don't know if anyone has every had this happen to their rabbit but blaze has been like this for about two weeks now. any info would be great.

thanks
mandy

"Slobbers" can indicate a dental problem. It's also possible that she's getting it wet from her water bottle.

Hard to guess what it could be, but the continual wetness can lead to a bacterial skin infection, so you may want to further investigate the cause.

Pam

Wet chins can be caused by overgrown teeth. Having them trimmed usually seems to clear up the issue. It happens so it's not really a big deal, just go to the vet and get the trimming done. I would do it pronto though if it's been that way for 2 weeks.

Kidd

He doesn't have overgrown teeth. but he did have a problem with his back teeth once that made an abscess behind his eye and we had to have the eye removed. i am going to try to make an appointment for him to get his back teeth checked.

mandy

Back