SCARY STUFF IN SOUTH CHICAGO!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5931312

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15203099/detail.html?dl=mainclick

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/mall.shooting.tinley.2.644307.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-shots-fired-tinley-park,0,4576443.story

A guy tried to rob a store and shot 5 people, killing 4 of them (at least according to NBC). He then took off on foot and ran south. The store he robbed is about 2 minutes from our house. Cops have been driving by and helicopters have been going overhead. We've been told to keep the doors locked and stay indoors. Hopefully they'll catch this guy soon. They said he headed South, which is where we are, and that he was seen in our subdivision as well as another right next to ours. Mind you, we're not in a bad area. In fact,usually theonly crime in our little town is DUI.Keep us in your thoughts guys! :pray:

Oh my goodness:shock:. How scary. Stay safe. I skimmed the articles. (Wonder if any state troopers are on this. My brother is one in Elgin:?.) Hope they get this guy soon:X.

OMG! That's horrible!!! :shock:I hope that your safe, and that they catch this guy and chuck him behind bars!! :grumpy:

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Thanks all. Still haven't found him yet. Very scary especially since I shop at the center almost everyday. Just went to that Super Target last night instead of going this morning. Good thing I did. And sadly, the death toll is up to 5 women in the store. They're going to have more info at 8:45PM CST tonight on the news.:(

Brandy456 wrote:
Eek, Scary. Have they gotten him yet?
Nope. He's still on the run. At the news conference, they gave little info. They did say that they believe that he fled our area and is no longer around. I'm still on the lookout though. Also, he was already in jail for armed robbery and homicide before this one today. :XYeah that's right, he's done this before.

They had no really new info at the conference. They're going to have another one tomorrow at noon.

I'm praying for the families of thevictims.

So scary!! I'm glad you're safe, I feel so sad for the women who were killed :( A few months ago a guy went crazy two houses down from us and was shooting a rifle out a 2nd floor window at people outside, then there was a 6 or 7 hour standoff between him and the police. The shooter was close enough that I could hear him talking and ranting and hear the cop's radios. Every few minutes he'd let off another flurry of bullets, there were at least a couple hundred shots fired that day/evening. Miraculously, NO ONE was hurt and the cops were able to get him out without shooting him. I consider that to be quite a success on the part of the police here. The man was mentally disturbed. Where I live there isn't a lot of crime either, but boy was that scary! Like with you, cops were crawling everywhere and they were telling people to stay inside, away from windows with the doors locked.

Yes, I have been reading about it. I hope they find the person responsible very soon, it would be a relief for the locals I bet.

What kind of a person shoots and kills another human being? Very messed up sad pathetic people I suppose.

Thanks guys. They still haven't caught him yet. I'm still scared to leave my house, even though they said he's probably out of the area.

It's so weird that our small town is making national news. My friend drove by the mall today (went to the Target across from the Lane Bryant) and said people were going over there laying bouquets and lighting candles. :sigh: I don't think I'll ever be able to go over there again with out thinking about this tragedy. They're doing a press conference at 2PM CST today with more information. One of the ladies killed lived in my subdivision. Really scary sad stuff. And with the ages of the women killed, I hope none of them were people I know. They haven't announced anyone yet except the one lady, but most of my friends shop in that mall. It's just so disturbing to drive by it; it's all boarded up with a white canopy out front with police tape surrounding it. :sad:. I'm just glad we're safe. I hope they catch this guy and put him away for good!

thats terrible it shows how bad it has been for you i even heard it on the radio over here when i was cleaning out the buns!

take care

oh how scarry, stay in even if they think he left the area they dont know taht. I would just stay in for the day.

We had that happen here, I dropped my son off a kindergarten at lunch time and it had just happened around the corner from me. A man got into an allercation with his ex and her new boyfriend and killed the both of them and was on the run. I had all woods behind my house and the chopper sounded like they were right over my house, the school was in lock down and i was at home with 3 other small kids. needless to say all the shade were drawn and the doors and windows were locked, and i scanned the outside before i let the dogs out or got into the car. Later that night they found him he had apparnetly went to a local park and shot himself, but the whole day they thought he was still around, and they thought he left they really didnt know. So stay in for the day to be safe.

Could this be the same guy who shot up a mall in Chicago, killing at least 5 women?

Stay safe! I'll be praying for you! Keep your doors locked, lights on at nighttime, animals inside, etc.:hug:

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Could this be the same guy who shot up a mall in Chicago, killing at least 5 women?

Stay safe! I'll be praying for you! Keep your doors locked, lights on at nighttime, animals inside, etc.:hug:

Emily
Same story; that suburban Chicago mall is 2 minutes from my house. Yep, he killed 5 women. The guy is still on the loose. Just a note too, last night my brother was on a walk w/ his friend Steve (I know, they're morons) and they saw 3 African American men and 1 Hispanic guy meeting by where they said the killer was last spotted. They said the killer is a light African American male. He said it kinda made him nervous because they were all wearing black and it just seemed suspicious. :shrug: We're waiting to see a composite sketch because I also had a weird run in with a guy at the Target the night before the shootings at the same mall. I think he was trying to get a grab at my purse, and he was just loitering inside near the entrance. I put my elbow down on my purse and he just kinda bumped into me.He just seemed suspicious.

We've been indoors all day but we're keeping a lookout for the suspect as well. I have the policephone number handy if I need it.

Lalena you have to live not far from my parents. They live about 2 minutes from there. I grew up there, went to Central Jr. High and would have gone to Tinley Park HS but my dad was a cop there at the time and decided no way. Granted that was years ago......too many to think about.

Latest posts

Back