scab

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hln917

Reaction score
I noticed Shades had an area by her neck where her hair was thinning. I just went to inspect it tonight and saw a scab on her skin. I'm thinking her sister bit her while they were playing. However I also saw a couple white flakes, it looks like dry skin from her scratching. She has a vet appointment next Friday to check up on her teeth. Do you think it warrants an earlier visit? Also can I apply Neosporin on it until she visit the vet?

I took some pictures but photobucket isn't working right now. I'll try to post them tomorrow. Thanks in advance for your help!

You can put neosporin on it as long as it's not the kind that has pain medicine added to it. Do you think it could be ringworm? That can be scabby and flaky at the same time.

Thanks for the response. I will ask the vet to test for ringworms when we see her next week. Here is what it looks like. I also noticed her hair is changing colors. She's getting patches of white hair for a black rabbit. The new growth of hair is coming out white. She's acting normal, eating fine and the litter is normal.Is this common?

IMG_2402.jpg

Back