Say hello to Vernon!(for now)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet23

Reaction score
I am not going to keep his name at Vernon, but today I went to the Edmonton Humane Society and adopted out this adorable little guy, he stole my heart with one look! Age is unknown but to me he seems pretty young, a year or less in age. Of course he's neutered, so not too many hormonal problems to ensue I hope :) And he's so tiny! He's a little Hotot cross is what the form says, but maybe someone here can see if there's anything else in him they recognize.

So now begins the bonding process of him to Jezzabelle. Ive got their houses right next to each other with their food on opposite sides, so they can see each other when they eat and drink. Im hoping they'll learn to associate each other with good things, but this is the first night too, so we'll see what happens. He's been so good with me so far, holds well and not too fidgety (unlike Jezz in every way basically, lol)

And now, pictures!!! (i was having some camera grief and he wouldn't hold still)

DSCF0740.jpg

DSCF0743.jpg

DSCF0744.jpg

DSCF0745.jpg

DSCF0741.jpg

Ohhh! What a cutie! I wanna see pics of the two as you're bonding them! I imagine it's gunna be so adorable :3

Ahh! You got to him before I did! I had my eye on that little boy too ;) Bunnies at the Humane Society are going fast! Vernon is so so so so cute though!!

Lol, well he must be doing good, he just did the biggest and cutest bunny flop ever!...right into his litter box... good job bun-bun, you now smell like poo. Lmao, I was actually really surprised but glad at how few bunnies were at the Society when i went there, last time I had checked there were a lot more. Good to see there are more bunny lovers out there than before :)

I am looking for a new name though, Vernon makes me think of Harry Potter, and the character from the books justdoesn't resemble him at all. Any ideas?

From what I can tell from the pics he looks like a very handsome boy!

He must be feeling relaxed already by the sound of the bunny flop haha

Hmmm names... Jezzabelle and Jester? is that too cutesy and similar?

what kinds of names do you like?

He'scute! Congrats on your new addition. I think Vern or Vernon is also the name of the turtle in Over the Hedge :p I like the name Cadbury for some reason. I'll try and think of some more :)

oh I love the name Cadbury! now you got me thinking of chocolate names, Reese, Turtle, Skittles even...hmmm... ok, I think Im going to stick with Skittles for now :) Thanks for the help everyone!

Ohh Congratulations Violet23! I was thinking of going to the shelter yesterday but decided to go today (about to head out after lunch). I just missed you.

Vernon really stood out for me at the shelter. He was the most energetic and active bunny at the shelter. He was always running around in his kennel, back and forth, up and down. When the Hopping Club was at the shelter, I thought he would be a good candidate to do the agility course.

Skittles would be a very good name for him.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Some pics from the Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club at the EHS. Featuring Vernon and Stan.
Thanks for the pictures Kate. I didn't see thembefore.

2hzn87c.jpg

The Canadian Rabbit Hopping Club in Edmonton.

and now Im also starting to like the name Smartie for him, it works, he's definately not stupid, lol. and i like Smarties more than I like Skittles (the actual candy)... I do this all the time, cant make up my mind about a name, bah!

Ok, Ive been thinking about it all day, and theres a name that is starting to stick to him like glue :) So I now dub this rabbit-

*drumroll*

"Martie!"

Latest posts

Back