Sas, how is Pipp??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Sas mentioned the other day that Pipp wasnt eating. Just wondering how shes doing?

Ive been thinking of the little diva and hoping shes well :)

:yeahthat:

Yeah, Pipp is still not in greatshape.

I didn't feed her as much salad as I should have when my mom was hospitalized last week, and that's all it took for hermolar spurs to invade her comfort zone. (She reallyISa wimp, she folds at the slightest sign of a spur).

She's not eating much, she is eating what she wants to eat -- oats, anything sweet, carrot (slowly),a little kale, a bit of cauliflower --as long as she's getting Metacam. She's not eating the stemmy things best forher teeth -- carrot tops, parsely, not even dill :shock:-- -- and noleafy greens.She'llstill wolf downher pellets, thoseare always the last to fallby the wayside, but thet won't help the spurs so I'm tryingnot to fill her up with too many.As usual, shewon't even sniff the hay, which is why she has spur problems in the first place. :X

The little sweetheart must have known it's a long weekend coming up, something I myself had forgotten.She'll probably wait until tomorrowto hit the skids and stop eating altogether just when no surgeries canbe scheduled until Tuesday. It's almost always the case.And I just realized there's onlydose of Metacam left. :nerves1

I doubt I can get herin tomorrow at this late date, and I'm also hesitantbecause she MAY be eating enough to fix it on her own, saving her theanesthetic and post-op pain experience, she doesn't deal with those very well either.

I just checked her litter box more closely and what looked like poops turned out to be clumps of cecals and only cecals, so that's not so good. :(

But she's anything but lethargic -- she's been spending most of her time on my lap digging and chewing whether I'm awake or not, she's been in overdrive.

I'm sure she'll make it to Tuesday with no ill effects even if she does stop eating entirely, but I'll be syringe-feeding Critical Care and pumpkin, and the last few times that's been quite the challenge. And my Mom is stillin the hospital and with my brother and sis-in-law away, I'm the care-coordinator/primary visitor, so not a good time forthis!

100_4869.jpg

Wish me luck!

sas :nurse:

Aww poor little Pipp. She sure pics the worst times to stop eating. Shes just reminding you where she thinks your attention should be focused. ;)

I wish I was close to help. I hate that you have to deal with so much on your own. I'll be sending prayers and good thoughts your way (for Pipp, your mom, and of course for you).

Let us know how the little princess is doing over the weekend. :sickbunny:

Get well soon, Pipp!

Oh, Sas, with your mom still in hospital, Pipp's issue is the last thing you needed...but Pipp seems like a determined bun, so I'm sure she'll be back to normal soon.

Lot's of wishes for speedy recovery both to your mom and Pipp.

Marietta

Best of luck and healing vibes are being sent your way riiiiiight.....:waiting: NOW :pray:

Hope Pipp and your mum get well soon :bouquet:

Sas, I hope Pip is feeling much better soon! What a face. I'm glad she isn't slowing down any that is a positive sign. You are in my thoughts and I hope that your mom and Pip are feeling better soon... and a very big hug to you!! :hug:

Thinking of you... and Pipp... and your mom.... Sending positive vibes up north.... :Canada small:

[align=center]:bunnyhug:[/align]

Latest posts

Back