Sandy Flemish Giant Kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyRabbits

Reaction score
Our Flemish Giant kits are now eleven days old. On day 9 when I held them, I wondered how their skinny little uncoordinated limbs could possibly support their hopping in a few days.

On Day 10, yesterday, all five of them had opened their eyes right on schedule. I was so thrilled that at last they could see and get to know their mom better, that they could see each other, and that they could even see their own limbs and come to know them as their own. Really, growing rabbits present one miracle after another.

On Day 10 also, one of the kits in my hand was making proto hops on his feet. Yes, they will be able to hop soon. It is all so amazing to me.

Yesterday my husband took some pictures and video. He posted some of the pictures on Flickr. Here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58638411N00

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

They are adorable - so cute. I can hardly wait to watch flemish giants grow up here.

Yes, Katie Barncat is a wonderful cat. She showed up outside the barn just weeks after we had moved the bucks out their early last spring. She helps me feed and care for the rabbits every morning and evening. As soon as Guenther's hutch door is opened, she hops in and starts grooming his ears and forehead. I am not sure she entirely understands that they are not cats. Anyway, Guenther clearly likes the attention.

Latest posts

Back