sam's becoming grumpy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilfly

Reaction score
Hi, recently (the past 2 weeks) Sammy has beengetting quite moody.We discovered that she is REALLY territorial abouther bedroom.If i put both my hands in to try and pick her up sheattacks me :(....but if i just sit with my face at the door to herbedroom she will come and lick my nose or forehead...??? She is notkeen on getting picked up from anywhere in her house (she was gettingquite use to the idea....she would sit and wait to be lifted).Although, ....when my mum went out to feed her the other day, shedidn't just go straight for the food....mum said it was like she justwanted a cuddle....so mum had to pick her up and talk to herfor a while until she would tuck in to her breakfast.

I'm confused......don't want to upset her, but she don't want to ignore her. Is she unhappy?

She is now 5months old is it time to get her spayed?would this help?

Oh....she began acting like this just after she got her myx vac......just a coincidence

Help

-Gillian

PS i changed my Avatar in My Account but it is not appearing on my new posts...any ideas?

Getting her spayed would likely help with theterritorial problems, but you shouldn't really take a bunny out of herhome when she's unwilling. Ususally it's best to let them come outthemselves.

Hold ctrl and push refresh. Your old avatar is just stored in you cache and doing this will bring up the new one.

Thanks for the avatar advice!

I dont like picking her up when she obv. doesnt want to be...but sheNEVER does and she needs to get out for a run-around. I have orderedatunnel off e-bay, so hopefully she will walk through that and into herplay pen! Still upsetting when she seems so upset.

Got her a new toy....its a log cabin. She enjoys eating it more than she does going in it though!

-Gillian

Getting her spayed will help some.

I hate to say it but you really need to be handling her. It'simperative you can pick her up and handle her. Try giving her treatswhile you do it so she sees it as a good thing.

I so love that cabin. May I ask where you got it. I would love to a few for my babies.

Tina

the cabin is from Pets At Home, in the UK though.

It's so confusing....i need to handle her, but at the same time notupset her by picking her up? It's getting her out of her house thatsthe problem.....she is fine when she is out. I think she is a strangebunny!

-Gillian

Does she hide in her house? Is thatwhat the problem is? Try luring her out withtreats. My girl HATES being picked up in her cage, so Ialways let her come out first. Before she was spayed, shewould lunge at my hand if it was in her cage. Sammy likesyou, she just wants you out of her home.:D

Spaying will help. You can schedule a visit with the vetbefore scheduling the spay to check on her health and such.Spays can be done at younger ages if the bun is fullydeveloped. My girl was spayed at 4.5 months, althoughhonestly I would have waited if I had known she was female.:p

Yeah...she runs into her bedroom.

It's not really possible to let her walk out herself because her houseis in the garden and raised off the ground. Will try getting her towalk into something else first like her carry box or something. I readthat suggestion on another post.

We will be going to the vets next week to get her VHD vac, so will discuss spaying then.

She's such a lovely wee bun....don't like seeing her angry.

Here is a pic of her watching tv!

-Gillian

Latest posts

Back