Sammy turns 6

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiwbar

Reaction score
You may remember us from questions about his eye and i thought his doom. We found a vet who worked on his eye and saved him but I nevers updated you all on him flourishing.

He is 6 now and really has become slower and more sedate. he will not jump on the couch at all which used to be his routine as he begged for food.
Is he getting older, arthrititis? He was fine after the doc did his eye but slowly "getting old"? I heard they can live till 10 but often earlier.
He is not sick and actually we like it as he is more cuddly, but we miss his rolls his sprints across the room and his springy jumps.

And also he has become the energizer pooper even just when you are holding him, and starting to pee sometimes when we pick him up and a little on the carpet, maybe 1-2 times a week. he is potty trained with boxes in a few places. Thanks so much for the help with the little guy we love him!!!

He's not old enough that you should be seeing a lot of changes, unless he's a very large bunny. 6 is middle age for a bunny. I would have the vet feel his spine for a degerative spine disease like arthritis that rabbits can get, and have him started on glucosamine/chondroitin. MikeScone did that for his bunny Scone and it really helped his activity level. The urinary incontinence thing is a bit more worrying. Bunnies usually don't lose bladder control until they are very old or if there is something else wrong, like an infection, pain, or mobility issues. I would have the vet check him out. Blood work is also a good idea to make sure his kidneys are functioning properly.

thanks for the reply, he will see the vet friday. Just love this lil guy!!!!

Latest posts

Back