Sami has been sneezing...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilfly

Reaction score
Sami has been sneezing since Sunday. Not all thetime, i have only noticed it once a day. She has not go at arunny nose, eyes etc. She has never really sneezed before, so i guessit can't be the wood shavings as she has always had them. I did buy anew litter call Wood Pellets form Pet at Home (UK). They are good forsensitive rabbits apparently. There are just what they sound likelittle wooden pellets. Iain and I both have a cold just now.

What do you think it is? I believe rabbits can't catch the human cold,that true? It crossed my mind that she may be copying us??not reallysure though.

She does 3 little sneezes in a row...its cute but i want to make sure it isn't anything bad.

Thanks,

-Gillian

Hi Gillian!

How is Sami otherwise? Eating, drinking, pooping, peeing?

A few of my buns will sneeze if the hay or pellets have excess dust.

Keep a close eye on her for now.

~JimD

Hi

If she seems perfectly well apart from that then youprobably don't need to worry. Rabbits don't get the humancold, their version of the cold, commonly called 'snuffles'is caused by a bacteria called pasteurella. If she had this there wouldbe discharge from hernose and eyes though.

Is she an indoor bunny? Have you been using any air freshners or polishin the room she lives in, or any product you don't usuallyuse? Rabbits can be sensitive to these things.

It is quite likely that dust from the new litter could causeit. Although you say she has not had a problem with woodshavings before you should perhaps consider a different bedding as ithas been suggestedby some studies that these do causerespiratory problems with long term exposure.

hope she is ok and that you are better soon

Bindy sometimes sneezes when there istoo much dust from the pellets, if it gets worse I'd take your bunny infor a check up.

Watch for the eyes and poopies.

thanks guys. she is eating, pooping and peeing as normal.

No sneezes today...will see how she goes.

can't think of any air freshners or polished being used recently.

-Gillian

Latest posts

Back