Salt lick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bummblebee

Reaction score
I have these in both rabbits cages yankee never uses his

Freckles just gave birth on April 26 and get enough of hers licks it all the time.

Are salt licks and mineral licks necesary should I have them in there cages Her just giving birth do u think thats why shes using hers more

Thats what I thought should I remove it I just wondered if maybe freckles was lacking something and she gave birth recently so I didnt know if maybe this was why she was needing more salt. Is it harmful to them

It's not necessarily harmful, but not needed. If she's just had kits she should be getting lots of pellets, which will have all the minerals and vitamins she needs (in addition to free-fed hay of course).

Yes she is getting her pellets hay and leafy greens so maybe ill take the salt lick out thanx

wow I didn't know they didn't need salt. I just assumed, because with other livestock... horses, goats etc.. salt is needed in their diet. So I just thought that rabbits would be the same. Very interesting. :)

Latest posts

Back