Salad's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momto3boys

Reaction score
What do you guys put in your bunny salads?

I can't seem to find a list of edible foods or foods NOT to feed.

I have a list for the pigs and I have a list for my bearded dragon but I can't find one for bunnies and I'm so scared to feed him something he shouldn't eat.

Lol that's what I normally do!

My buns love their salads. I mix it up. So one day theres carrot, basil, kale, banana and cabbage. Next day it will be pak choy, apple (no pips- they are toxic), dandelions, parnsip and romaine lettuce.

Stuff like kale and spinach shouldn't be fed allllllll the time generally speaking because of the high amount of oxilates in them. So what I do is I buy a bag, give them some every day, and when the bag is finished don't buy any more for a month or something.

I try and give a range of different veg (with a little fruit) every day, so perhaps at least 3 different ones a day.

The house rabbit society suggests 2 cups of chopped veggies per 6lbs of body weight a day, but I generally give a bit more than that, because my buns adore their veggies and are totally fine with them- some rabbits can be a bit sensitive to more than just a little bit.

When introducing any new foods, always introduce them slowly, one at a time over a period of a few days and see how it affects them. If they are fine with it then try another. If they get some runny stool then maybe this veggie is not for them, or they can just handle a tiny bit.

When you are giving lettuces only give the dark ones like romaine- never give iceberg.
Also never give pips or stones. The classic don't feeds are obviously anything like chocolate or crisps but that's such a no brainer. Tomato greens (not sure about the fruit because i've heard contrasting things but I think they are fine), onions or anything in the onion family, or anything in the bean family. Also no peel from oranges or satsumas.

Just a few little tips that I hope will help!

Jen

Latest posts

Back