Safe shampoo and toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valaria243

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what is a safe shampoo to use for buns? I haven't been able to find any rabbit specific brand locally and I really need to give Fuzzy a bath (due to her hind leg issues she ends up urinating on herself during the day while I'm at work).

Also with my new dwarf bunny Binky I am curious as to what are some good toys? I've had the larger bunnies in the last 10 years so the toys I have are too large for a dwarf. I saw an activity table on Amazon but was unsure about it's appeal for bunnies.

Stay clear of any medicated shampoos. I would think that a really mild shampoo, used for kittens or maybe even horses, may be ok. I doubt you would find anything rabbit specific, since rabbits don't usually need to be bathed. I'd say research it as much as you can, and try and find something really mild.

Toys are usually an individual thing for each rabbit. Each rabbit seems to like their own thing, so you may need to try out a few things to see what your rabbit likes best. I have a few rabbits that really like hard dried pinecones. They like to toss them around and also chew on them. Cardboard toilet paper rolls are good, plain, cut into different shapes, or stuffed with hay. Cardboard boxes, dig boxes filled with shredded paper or loss hay, phone books, balls, hard plastic baby toys like connector links, stacking cups, plastic keys. A piece of paper scrunched up into a ball to toss around, paper bags opened up and the top edge folded back to help them stay open, plastic spoons, plastic slinky, plain untreated wicker baskets, a fleece blanket to dig on and scrunch around. Basically you can try lots of things, you just have to make sure they are bunny safe and unchewable, or safe materials if they can be chewed.

I was looking around a bit online, and found a few things that may be helpful with Fuzzy. Here are some links for pet shampoo that looked like they might be good. The Vir bac shampoo I found reference to in another thread on here, that is something another rabbit owner used for their rabbit's urine scald, and is also on the medirabbit website.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S1MXMC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002YFQBC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I also found this salve for urine scald, in case Fuzzy ever starts having urine scald problems and you end up needing something to protect her skin. There was some info on ways to keep disabled rabbits off of their pee spots too, if that is something that is needed with Fuzzy. I can give you that link as well, if it's something you might need.

http://www.medirabbit.com/Safe_medication/Antibiotics/cream/antibiotic_cream.htm

How has Fuzzy's recovery been going? I was so glad to hear about her positive response to the panacur. I hope Fuzzy and your new bun are both doing well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back