Safe paint for buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhianna

Reaction score
I'm really excited because I scored a 2 level 48" Bunny Abode condo on ebay for $99, and the only problem is that the bottom back corner is a bit stained from a leaky litter box. I decided that I'd take the opportunity to just do a complete renovation of the condo. I plan on installing some of those vinyl peel-and-stick tiles for new flooring, and I want to paint the wooden trim so that it matches my room better and also covers up the stains. However, I'm a bit worried about the paint being safe for my bun. Bear isn't much of a chewer at all, but I still just want to be safe. I have some white satin finish Glidden wall & trim paint left from painting the trim in my room - would that be safe to use? If not, what brands are safe to use, and where can I get them? I would prefer to buy a smaller amount (rather than an entire can) since it's only going to be for a bit of trim around the condo. Anyone who can help gets a cookie :biggrin:

I think any paint would be fine once it's dry. If you notice excessive chewing in the area, I'd probably come up with a Plan B. But for the average rabbit, I wouldn't worry much.

It really depends on the paint, there's so many chemicals in so many paints these days. If the paint is oil based I probably wouldn't be using it. I would be more inclined to use a child-safe water based paint, but that will probably rub off with time and won't protect from water and pee soaking into the timber etc.

At the very least, use a water based paint.

Back