Sad News - God Has A New Angel Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Carolyn. I deeply appreciate that. Theprayers and good vibes must be working because I really feel at peaceknowing I did all I could to make my Checkie comfortable. I informedthe HRS director of her passing, and she said that Checkers lived aslong as she did with all her medical problems only because of my careand love. That gave me great comfort.
Nick is doing better, as he was acting schitzo last night - which isnormal for him! It's very obvious that he misses her, and is stillreluctant to venture into 'Checkers' spot' to lay down. She was neveraggressive, but would glare at Nick if he dare sit in 'her spot'. Andafter a minute or two, he would move and let her have it! She did havean authoritative air about her - a real Princess!
This is a pic of my Nick - also an abuse case, which explains hissometimes erratic behavior. He has come a long way, and now 'kind of'enjoys being handeled. This is good, because he is going to be snuggledalot!
Thank you all again.

The HRS representative is absolutely right inthat without your tender loving care and the comfortable home youprovided for Checkers, she wouldn't've lived as long as shedid. She fought hard to stay as long as she did.

Poor Nick. It's so hard for the ones they leavebehind. Hopefully this will make him more loving towardsyou. I know that when dajeti's female rabbit, Athena, passedaway, Apollo really came through to comfort her. Last nighther son was telling me how Apollo would run to her when she was cryingand cuddle up to her. When she stopped crying, he'd just sitby her side.

Nick's lucky to have you and vice versa. It sure reiterateshow short life is when they pass, doesn't it? I truly doappreciate every single day with my bunny family because I know howfast things can turn. As you know, you can't take them forgranted.

Do keep in touch and let us know how you and Nick are getting on.

-Carolyn

I am so very sorry for your loss. It'snever easy to say goodbye. You gave Checkers the best gift ofall...Love. I will keep you and Nick in my prayers.

How is Nick? I know that when we lost Athena, Apollowas very upset. He would constantly go looking for her. He laid infront of her cage as if waiting for her. It was heartbreaking. I hopeNick isn't going through that.

Maybe this will bring you and Nick closer together. I lost track of how many times I cried on Apollo.

I'm going to cry. I am so sorry.

Tina

Oh i am soooo sorry for you loss! I know how youfeel! I lost my Gwenivere a year ago, she was only a baby (13 weeks)she had a heart attack and died so fast, we were not expecting it atall. I cried for the longest time, I wish i knew about this forum backwhen she died, it would have been such a help. Nimue and I will bepraying for you!

GWENIVERE.JPG

^^ my Gwenivere

sfritzp,

In the vernacular, "Ya done good!" And I am a firm believerin what goes around, comes around. The Good Lord willremember what you did for one of His little creatures and you will berecompensed in some way, some day for that.

Buck

sfritzp,

It's been a while. How are things going???

We're all missing Checkers.

You're in our thoughts and our prayers are with you.

~Jim

Thank you all - you are all wonderful, beautiful souls.
I'm doing OK - It's amazing how the little quirks they (the buns) hadcome back to you. I have many memories of Checkie that make me smilewhen I think of them, yet do bring a bit of pain. I guess because shewas so sick off and on, I appreciated every moment I had with her.
Nick is definately grieving. I put Checkers in with him after she died,as I know they have to have closure. After a half an hour he left herbody and sat quietly in his 'box'.
In spite of me doing this, he seems to be looking for her everytime Ihave him out for his play time and our 'one-on-one' sessions and returnhim to his pen. It is very sad. But we (he and I!)are bonding more andmore.
I am looking into adopting a friend for him, but have run into somecomplications that are delaying it. So say a prayer things work out!Thank you again - your kindness is overwhealming. God Bless you all!

I am so sorry to read about Checkie! I somehowmissed this thread before. She was beautiful! I feel so bad for you! Ithink it's amazing she lived as long as she did - thanks to you!

Buck is right - good things are coming your way because you were so kind and caring to one who needed it!:)

:( :( :(I'm so sorry for your friendslose....My sweet baby boy died in my arms at the vet just only about 72hours ago and I can't stop crying .

Oh Lord , how I LOVE MY "SIR POOPS ALOT" (poops) for short...

He was only about a yearold and he was a free to roam the house part of our zoo crew... He wasabsolutely in love with me as well....

I don't know what happento him..He was fine one day, the next day he was suggish and it seem toget worse thru the night so i took him to the vet that morning....hewas not good..she gave him a steroid and antibiotic injection plus medsto come home with..

I stayed up all night withhim and he just kept going down hill fast. He sounded like he haddouble pneumonia but was pasturella..!!!! the vet said it was mostlikely contracted from our cat that stays outside but does come to theporch everyday and night..

SIR POOPS ALOT(because hedid), was a one of a kind rabbit that just knew he was a dog---not arabbit... he even tried to mate with my female YORKIE, whichi had to have a picture of befor i said no notoo!!!hahaha

but i did make them stopthat ...i am so sad and i don't know what to do with my self..I miss mypoops baby...i just want him back...i want to hear him thump at me andfor him to jump up here in my lap and force his head in my mouth togive me sugars...I'm telling you, he was a one of akind...

my dogs miss him terriblytoo. they keep looking for him and coming to me like i have him hidfrom them or something...

thanks for the chance tovent and to let someone know that i fully understand the pain that justwill not seem to subside...bethena

RIP7/2004 - 3/2005:(mommie to " SIR POOS ALOT "

Hi sfritzp,

Nice to hear from you...sad for Nick to be missing Checkers. How big is Nick now?

Sending you good wishes and hope things work out.

Rainbows! :)

BETHENA wrote:

Oh Lord , how I LOVE MY "SIR POOPS ALOT" (poops) for short...
He sounded like he haddouble pneumonia but was pasturella..!!!!I'mtelling you, he was a one of a kind...

Sorry BETHENA for your lost.......to lose something like SirPoops Alot, will be very hard for you and your dogs. Hope hefinds alot more dogs at Rainbow Bridge.

Rainbows! :(

Bethena - So sorry for your loss.
Each bun is so unique, with their own little ways that stick in your heart. You will always have those memories of 'Poops'
I do hope you are going to get another bun. There are so many out there that need you.
Praying for your peace of heart.

Bethena,

So sorry to hear about your loss ... This forum is like having athousand arms wrapped around you, when you need it the most. You willbe in my prayers TONIGHT ... may God grant you peace ... thepeace that comes from knowing that Sir Poops Alot has been given hisangel wings and now frolicks with so many of our buns that have went onbefore him. Please take sfritzp's advice ... you'll know when the timeis right to allow another bun into your life. Check out your nearestHouse Rabbit Society (the website is:www.rabbit.org) there are always picsof buns who need a home and someone to love them. Sfritzp has been abun-guardian many times over and has experienced many losses ... but healways goes on to help out another bun in need.

Thinking of you TONIGHT,

Joyce

Back