Rusty and Akira!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I call dibbs on Akira! :biggrin2: She does look like a New Zealand, especially with her size and big ears. I wish I could let Max out to play in a 1 square high pen like that, but he loves out-smarting me too much and would jump it, if for the only reason but to show off how much smarter he thinks he is than we are.. lol!

I hope my two buns bond as easily as your's have! It's so nice to read about someone else's bonding experiences. :)

Well the Humane society here said she was a standard rex but then I red somewhere that standard rexes cannot be albino so I assumed she was a New Zealand. Also these pictures were taken over a month ago she is a little bigger than that I believe lol. I told my parents that she is going to be a big baby and they weren't too impressed lol. Don't care she is my baby!! And I have always wanted a big rabbit ;)

Rusty is only about 5 pounds. He always looks so fat when it comes to winter lol.

I promise to take more pictures this week. After my midterm today I will have time to post some more :D

And they do jump the squares when they want to but I had the little separation there for bonding when one of them was bad they sat in the small corner for a sort of time out. The could smell each other and lick each other but couldn't get into a huge fight. The cage things aren't there anymore though ;)

Ps- My house alarm is on so you watch it! And if you can catch Akira then you are slick! She is one fast rabbit!

She doesn't look like an NZ at all to me, and standard rex can come in REW, I think they call it ermine in the rex world.

She has rex fur and curly whiskers from the pictures. NZ whites have a much different head shape to Akira. And a much longer coat.

They are both stunning and AngelnSnuffy has a fight on her hands because I'm gonna come and steal them too :p.

Yeah I thought she might be a Rex too but I read somewhere that Rexs can't be albino or something. But that's very helpful thank you!

I'll have to put cat ears on the two of them so you guys think they are cats and not steal them :p

I'm 99% sure that rex do come in albino (red eyed white/ermine), hmm, you make me want to research that now!

And hey! You can't trick me, cats aren't that cute :p!

:bunny18

Well hello RO! I'm going to try and update this as best as I can, or at least come up with some new things that have happened to us in the last little while!

Akira has had a couple of GI events since I last posted, but it seemed to just be related to either gas or stress for some reason. I was away visiting family as well as attending a couple of weddings over the last couple of summers and so my parents took care of them for a little while. And of course my parents always followed the diet regimen I have for them, they weren't on the same type of schedule as I normally had them on. Rusty couldn't care less when he eats as long as he eats at some point. Akira, however, is a little more finicky. A warm water bottle on the tummy and some tummy rubs was all she needed to be back on track. Besides that, both my babies have been in tip top shape. No fights, no injuries, no illnesses, which is absolutely perfect!

One thing that I have noticed in the last couple of months is that Rusty isn't eating as much as he used to. I am guessing that he is just starting to get old and tired. He always has hay around, gets treats, as well as his veggies. He goes absolutely nuts for any and all of those things, but he isn't so crazy about his pellets anymore. He'd much rather munch on his hay. I've tried to increase his diet a little more so that he can put back some weight on but it doesn't seem to be working. He still binkies, poops regularly, drinks regularly, etc., but he doesn't jump up on the bed anymore and he sleeps a little more than he used to. I'm pretty sure he is around 7 years old now, if not 8. He still grinds his teeth like crazy when I rub his ears, neck or cheeks. It makes my whole day to see that he still enjoys all the little things he used to when he was just a baby. Any tips on what I could do to keep his weight up? Or perhaps anything I could do to really spoil him while he's still around?? I just want to make the little guy happy.

Akira has begun to let me pet her ears. She likes when I kind of hold her head gently and flop her ears back and forth between my fingers (hard to explain). She still binkies and runs around like a mad rabbit. Practically bouncing off the walls!! She's also started to let me pet her cheeks which is really nice. But she doesn't let me pet her back more than twice :( She likes my dad though for some reason. He can pet her for 15-20 minutes and she just sits there with her eyes closed.:banghead

We've also added an American Pitbull Terrier to the family. She is now 15 months old. She absolutely loves Rusty. She will lay down at my door and sit there crying until I open the cage and he runs up to her so she can lick him. He doesn't seem to really like the licking but he still always runs up to her. It's so cute.

Anyways, that's all I can think of for now! In summary, everyone is doing really well!!

Cheers!

Feb26 236.jpg

Feb26 237.jpg

Feb26 196.jpg

Back