Runt of the litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovethetailyall

Reaction score
Heyy.My friend just had a litter of 7..wellthere 4 weeks old or so and there is one that i can tell is therunt..smaller..not as fat..more tired.What can i do.i know there arerunts in many litters:?

The fact that it is more tired makes me wonderif it is more than just a "runt" and if maybe it is a fader. Somebabies just don't thrive. They might survive till 5 or 6 weeks of ageand then they pass away. Unfortunately, as a breeder, I've found thatis often just a fact of life.

She can try to give it oatmeal to see if that will help and if mama isstill nursing - perhaps once a day she could take mama and baby to bealone and see if mama would let baby get an extra nursing sessionin. Some of my mamas start weaning their babies really young- I've had other mamas that nurse...a lot.

She alst might want to try giving it a tiny bit of baby food - maybelike the oatmeal cereal in a jar - mixed with KMR (kitten milkreplacer) formula to see if the kit will put some weight on.

At this age though, it is tough to know if it is a fader or if it willdo ok once it puts on more weight. I lean towards thinking this is afader since it tires more easily.

Peg

Ohh gosh this scared the heck out of me..you seethis is my freinds litter im waching them for the march break wilethere in florda and i have no way of contacting them..ohh oooh.... seethere kinda mine to beuse i have the father(play boy).But it is prettymutch hers! ohhh no ohh no!:?:X:(

Back