Runny nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadeem

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just notice my male rabbit is having a running nose,sometime he sneez and a big chuck just come out, antmybody know the cause of it and any remedy or he will be fine by himself or do i need to bring him to a vet
Waiting for your response
Thanks

Hi everyone,
I just notice my male rabbit is having a running nose,sometime he sneez and a big chuck just come out, antmybody know the cause of it and any remedy or he will be fine by himself or do i need to bring him to a vet
Waiting for your response
Thanks

My rabbit was sneezing a lot when I first got him because of the hay I was using. Maybe he has an allergy to something in his cage/enclosure. For my bunny it was because the hay was too dusty.
He didn’t have any discharge though, so I don’t think it’s the same thing. Maybe google his symptoms and read up on some articles.

https://www.ohiohouserabbitrescue.org/pasteurella-infection-in-the-house-rabbit/

My rabbit was sneezing a lot when I first got him because of the hay I was using. Maybe he has an allergy to something in his cage/enclosure. For my bunny it was because the hay was too dusty.
He didn’t have any discharge though, so I don’t think it’s the same thing. Maybe google his symptoms and read up on some articles.

https://www.ohiohouserabbitrescue.org/pasteurella-infection-in-the-house-rabbit/
Man i just realize what happen thanks to your really same problem.
I think he could have have m that because 2 days ago it was raining mildly and i waited and like 1 hr 30 min after that and went to pull some hays in the garden. And was a bit wet and cold.

Yersterday i put some liquid baby dolifran in a syringe and fed him a little bit.and put some in his water.
Today his nose was dry and no sneezing.
Will continue to do follow up with him
Thanks a lot you were really helpfull

Man i just realize what happen thanks to your really same problem.
I think he could have had that because 2 days ago it was raining mildly and i wated and like 1 hr after that and went to pull some hay in the garden. And was a bit wet and cold.
Do you have any advice how i can remedy the situation???
Yersterday i put some liquid baby dolifran in a syringe and fed him a little bit.and put some in his water.
Today his nose was dry and no sneezing.
Will continue to do follow up with him
Thanks a lot you were really helpfull

Maybe just make sure that the hay you get is dry next time. I don’t really get that problem since I have to order my hay because Mr. Apollo is too fancy for the hay at my local store . Personally, I didn’t do anything apart from switch up the hay, after that his nose with all good. Haven’t heard him sneeze since then but probably just continue what your doing as long as ita helping.

Maybe just make sure that the hay you get is dry next time. I don’t really get that problem since I have to order my hay because Mr. Apollo is too fancy for the hay at my local store . Personally, I didn’t do anything apart from switch up the hay, after that his nose with all good. Haven’t heard him sneeze since then but probably just continue what your doing as long as ita helping.

Later in the day ill show you what type of hays i feed them
Just available in a next door yard.they are plenty. All natural i feed them
Very rarely pellet once in a while

Latest posts

Back