Runny eye after tooth surgery?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANCA_R

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My lovely bunny Snowball is struggling with runny eyes for a while. The vet gave us antibiotics some months ago, but every time we stopped the treatment, the discharge came back. I can also hear him making high-pitched sounds sometimes, especially when he's chewing or grooming. Three weeks ago he had a head X-ray which showed an infected tooth root. The vet removed it and we were prescribed again antibitics for seven more days. Again, after stopping the treatment the eye is runny. It sometimes affects the other eye too, but the main concern is his right eye. Some days ago he got a tear duct flush, which seemed to help for a day, but his condition didn't really improve... The discharge is not milky and it really doesn't look like puss but more like tears. Could it be that he is still recovering from his tooth surgery, 3 weeks after it? Or could the tear duct be scarred due to the surgery, or perhaps an inflammation while the new tooth is growing? Otherwise he's doing fine, he's playing, eating and being a sweet lovely bunny every day.

Thanks a lot,
Anca

Did the dr say there’s anew tooth growing? Was the tooth infected? When you say he got it flushed. Was the tear duct blocked? Does that need removed? I have a rabbit..my prized buck, Smokey joe...he had to undergo two surgeries for a tooth abscess because they didn’t get it all the first time. I knew after the first one that he wasn’t ok because he had too much drainage still wouldn’t eat...etc... I would definitely call the dr..to avoid another fee..and get real answers...pin them down..why is this happening..etc...you don’t want an infection in that tooth area because that is a big surgery and a big bill and a big problem for a little rabbit...

Latest posts

Back