Rugs and chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzkitty

Reaction score
I realize that bunnies need a non-slippery area so they don't develop hip problems. My problem is that whatever goes into Yuki's cage, automatically becomes her chew toy. I tried to give her a cat bed but that was definitely a waste. Not only does she chew everything, but she eats it too - which is why she doesn't get many cardboard toys. Does anyone have any suggestions? She will chew and eat EVERYTHING.

what if you used those shower sticker things they have for traction, they usually come in flower shapes lol. i think i read that someone on here did that if i'm not wrong..?

MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
what if you used those shower sticker things they have for traction, they usually come in flower shapes lol. i think i read that someone on here did that if i'm not wrong..?
It was me. They work GREAT. You can also get them in other shapes. My rabbit Shiny Things tried to nibble one once but quickly decided that she did not like it. (That coupled with a good NO and hand clap).

I think she's 6, she's a rescue, and yes she's spayed.

So you're suggesting to put stickers on the floor instead of a rug?

Yuki actually ingests the cardboard, which frightens me. Sometimes I think I have a piggy in a bunny disguise.

I suppose i'm suggesting that if you say she eats everything else. I would imagine it would be hard to chew and eat since it practically lays flat on the floor.(See, i knew i read that on here, smart thinking Lauren ;) )

Have you tried fleece blankets?

Have you tried grass mats? They would be safe for her to eat although depending on how fast she eats them, it could get expensive.

Latest posts

Back