RUG NEEDED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbyBear

Reaction score
Hello all. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a website or store that is selling a cheap area rug. My boyfriend just moved to a new house and went from all carpet to all wood floor. Herby loves to run and binky and is struggling on the slippery floor. As you may or may not know, I'm always broke. lol So a cheap, yet large rug would be appreciated. I am having a difficult time finding one! And I always want what's best for him. Thanks a bunch.

i have bamboo floors so i have to buy rugs too, i get them at Big Lots ..not sure if you have one there or not.but they are cheap.

Really?! I'll definitely have to check out a Big Lots. There is one near my school where I commute. I hope they have a good deal! I don't even care if it's cute, lol

Bed Bath & Beyond has some really cheap neutral colored ones. They don't typically have the cheap ones online - you have to go into the store and look for them in a bin all together. I think the 5x7s were $30 and the 8x10s were $40.

HerbyBear wrote:
Really?! I'll definitely have to check out a Big Lots. There is one near my school where I commute. I hope they have a good deal! I don't even care if it's cute, lol
The ones I found were actually pretty nice, they were just rectangles of leftover room carpet. But I found a nice purple and gray patterened one and a cute multicolored one for when I lived in my school apartment. :) So it's not scary reject carpet, just leftover pieces. lol

Yeah! Those are all great ideas. I like the raiding the dumpster! REAL CHEAP. lol And I never thought of Home Depot.

Elrohwen, So the BB&B rugs are like a clearence thing?

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
HerbyBear wrote:
The ones I found were actually pretty nice, they were just rectangles of leftover room carpet. But I found a nice purple and gray patterened one and a cute multicolored one for when I lived in my school apartment. :) So it's not scary reject carpet, just leftover pieces. lol

Haha! I don't even care if it's the scary reject carpet! ;)

Ikea can have really cheap rugs. I got a fairly huge one for like...30 dollars. If you are going on the website you may not see the exact one you want, but you can often change the size once you click on the product.

HerbyBear wrote:
Yeah! Those are all great ideas. I like the raiding the dumpster! REAL CHEAP. lol And I never thought of Home Depot.

There are always a bunch of them there, but they're all different, so I imagine it's a way to get rid of overstocks cheaply or something (I've seen this in multiple stores, usually in a big cardboard box near the regular rug section). With the back to college season they have more than usual. They're always in the beige-brown color family, which is nice if you're just looking for something plain that will blend in. I got a 5x7 for my bunny pen area and I really like it.

elrohwen wrote:
HerbyBear wrote:

There are always a bunch of them there, but they're all different, so I imagine it's a way to get rid of overstocks cheaply or something (I've seen this in multiple stores, usually in a big cardboard box near the regular rug section). With the back to college season they have more than usual. They're always in the beige-brown color family, which is nice if you're just looking for something plain that will blend in. I got a 5x7 for my bunny pen area and I really like it.
Yeah! That is such a good idea. I'm definitely going to have to check out BB&B as soon as possible. I am hoping for a good sale there. :)

HerbyBear wrote:
elrohwen wrote:
HerbyBear wrote:

Yeah! That is such a good idea. I'm definitely going to have to check out BB&B as soon as possible. I am hoping for a good sale there. :)

Then they also have those 20% off coupons that will save you a couple dollars more.

elrohwen wrote:
HerbyBear wrote:
elrohwen wrote:
HerbyBear wrote:

Then they also have those 20% off coupons that will save you a couple dollars more.
Yeah, you're right! I haved a BB&B coupon for 20% from this booklet thing. I am gonna go there tomorrow to see if I can get a good deal. I let you all know :)

Latest posts

Back