Rubbing face on things...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweets

Reaction score
hello =)

I have a couple of questions, if anyone could answer them for me that'd be great!

My Bunny sweets is about 11 weeks old, i've had him about 2 weeks.

What does it mean when he rubs his face on stuff? such as a pen, he did it to some food and a spray bottle...is it his way of saying that it belongs to him?

Also last night he was circling me on the floor! Does that mean anything? He was happy and bouncing around, just thought it was a bit odd.

:bunny19Thankyou, Katie.

Hi, since mine are separated and have seperate times out, they go around "marking" whatever the others played with. He rubs his chin against the item, he's even marked our hands if he catches a whiff of the other rabbits.

Sweets is adorable!

Rabbits have a small scent gland under their chin. When they clean themselves, they rub the scent all over thier face, then "chin" or rub their face on whatever they are claiming as theirs. You will never see or smell the oil from their glands, but they can. Yeah, he's at the age where he feels like he has to tell the world (well, the world of all other bunnies) that this isHIS territory, and HIS pen, and HIS food....

Watch out! you're next! So are your shoes and your clothes and your bed and your..... whatever!

He's probably playing a game with you when he runs around you. Get on the floor and play with him, chase him and run away...play hide and seek... peek-a-boo... He's just a baby and wants to have fun.

cool thanks guys! haha, he loves my bed, so he definately will be rubbing his face on that next :p
Yeah he's so playful, it's so cute when he runs really fast & then almost does a flip in the air! :)

The rubbing chin on things is a bunny's way of saying, "This is mine." When they circle you, they are saying, "I love you!" So you're doing a good job making your bunny comfortable!

The running fast and almost doing a flip you describe is also called a "binky" and it's just another sign of contentment! :)

Latest posts

Back