routine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas

Reaction score
Ok I know I have a lot of questions but I wantto make sure we are doing this right. When I hadSugargliders. there was definetly a routine, at 6 am they gota few mealworms for treats before they went to sleep. gliders arenocturnal and sleep all day and play all night. sooo I would feed themthe mealies and then take out there food from the night before. than at7 pm take them out of there cage and put them in a tent with me so theycan play around with me in there, did that for about an hour, then putthem back inthe cage and put there food in there wich was a specialdiet of a mixture of different foods and vitamins wich was timeconsuming to make. put the exact amount of that with the exact amountof fruit and veggies, let them play all night and leave the food. thenat 6 am start ove. Oh they get to be in a pouch that you wear aroundyour neck all day so they can get used to you... anyway..that is the routine. Are there any for rabbits?

Thank you

I definately have my routine. After myshower, while I'm on my way to my room, I usually let Fiona out, forabout half an hour, then Timmy after that for about half an hour, thenI fill the dishes and scoop the litter boxes and give them theirbreakfast veggies before I leave for school.

After I get home, one of them comes out for maybe 3 hours, then theother for about the same length of time. They get dinnerveggies and their boxes scooped again right before I go tobed.

If I have time to sit in their pen with them for a while, I let themboth out at the same time since I'm working on bonding them.Usually while I'm reading my book for english or something like that,though last night Fiona took a bite out of one of thepages.

On the weekends I usually givethe cages a bit of a more thorough cleaning. A vacuming out and the like.

I do not have a routine so much because Wiley has full range of my apartment, so he is always around.

I do put him in his cage at night though, he actually goes in therearound nine-ish and sleeps. I feed him some pellets every three days,he gets fresh veggies twice a day and always has access to hay. He alsogets either a dried banana chip or a chunk of papaya in the morning anda couple craisons at night when he goes to bed.

Other then that he does what he wants and goes where he wants. He is perfectly content and happy.

I have a routine for my girls. This is a typical weekend day:

8am, breakfast then once they have finished their greens into theirrun, pellets come with them in their pellet ball and hay in their dogbasket and of course their water bowl. Clean out litter box while theyare in the run.

During the day as long as somebody is in they will be out in their run.

whenever it gets dark, put them back in their hutch.

6pm, evening greens, top up on water, litter box clean out and cover them over if it is cold.

Oh I did forget to point out one thing: Silly me :D

From fostering experience (with baby rabbits), a routine will reallyhelp them settle in. They need to feel secure. Also, when you get yourrabbit (if you don't already), a routine is important because it helpsthem get used you and your lifestyle.

My babies have a simple routine. During theweek, I check on them first thing in the morning (around 5:30 or 6:00)to make sure they have enough food, water and hay. They stayin their cages until I get home from work and then from 4:00 to 6:00,Speedy comes out for play time. Smokey comes out from 6:00 to 8:00.Finally, Deuce comes out from 8:00 to 10:00. After a final check onthem, I go to bed.

I used to relax the routine on weekends but I found that it made them alittle grumpy so I try to follow the weekday schedule. They nap a lotduring the day so it works out better this way.

The only exception I make to their routine is when I have to cleantheir cages. During that time, I let them come out for some extra playtime.

Blyre

My routine is similiar to others:

In the morning I go in the kitchen ofcourse put on Coffee for me:) andprepare a veggie salad for him. I give him the veggies andtake out his litter box and water bottle,scoop the litterboxes and wash out the water bottles and give fresh water.Then give him back his litter boxes, and bottle. I make surehe has hay in his cage. Then during the day he's in hisPen/Cage all day, and after supper 6ish he gets to come out for freerun of the place. Depends on what time i go to bed, sometimeshe's out until 10-11 sometimes he's out until 12-1.Depends. But after that he's in his pen for the night. Andthen start all over :)

Petter is also aware his routines. I get up atdifferent times throught the week, but Petter jumps up in my bed if Isleeps to long. He says hello and I need to get up.

I first check out his litterbox, and then he follows me and gets crazy.Now it is time for vegetables. He gets some carrot and other veggies.Hekeeps the veggies in his mouthwhile he isrunningaround the apartement. After this he eats hay beforehe plays dead.

I am at home some days during the week, and I can see that he usuallysleeps and rests most of the day. He lies on the piano or his table.

When we are making humandinner, at 6-7 o clock, he want to join usagain.He sits by my feet, begging for food. When we areeating he also gets his pellets. He eats pellets from Oxbow. Since Ilive in Norway it is only one place who sells it in thiscountry....luckely near my home.

Since he is never looked up in his cage he doesent have any routines besides this.

Latest posts

Back