Rose's Sore Hocks (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still unsure why she should have such severe urine scald in the first place. ???

iFeverything was kept really clean thenI would have to think that she has a problem with incontincence , bladder infection etc.
My only experience with urine scald was with my rabbit Gabriel who experienced renal failure and was sitting in urine 24/7 despite constant cleaning up.

I had blood chemistries done on him which confirmed the source of the problem
you have beem given good advice on how to treat it but if it continuesI would go to the vet and get to the root of the problem.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/urinary.html

Maureen

let us know...

Thx everyone for everything. I was going to take her to the vet this wek but sadly she has passed away. thx again every one

Oh no, I'm so sorry Rose passed. Do you think she had some underlying problem besides what presented as scald and sore hocks?

I'm sorry I never clicked into this thread until I saw the RIP :tears2:The behavior of sitting in her own urine when she didn't have to sounded like she had some other problem. :(

kirbyultra wrote:
Oh no, I'm so sorry Rose passed. Do you think she had some underlying problem besides what presented as scald and sore hocks?
Ya i believe she did maybe an infection or a kit inside her or something

Back