Rory, Skyler and Phoebe Mae

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's update time! Sorry, no pictures tonight, but my camera is charging :)

Tallulah is going to the vet tomorrow. She's been having tummy troubles. They seem less severe today but we're going anyway. Her belly is round and full and the kind people over on the Infirmary subforum think she may have coccidea, a kind of parasite. We will see what the vet says! Let's hope we get some meds for Tallulah and she becomes a healthy bunny. Her nose is running some today too, maybe from the stress of having belly problems? She's been a regular binky queen though! Also, today she chinned something for the first time! It was really cute and she decided the bunny carrier is hers. Rory and Cinnabun NEVER chinned anything, so this is new for me. I hope it doesn't mean she'll be really territorial when she's grown up! She weighs 2 1/4 pounds, though is around 2 1/2 now with her big tummy.

New baby bun will be in my arms 7 days from now! I'm really excited, JAK Rabbitry received his carrier in the mail yesterday and the money order, water bowls and vet bed should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday. He had his vet check and the vet declared him healthy! He's still living with his mommy and brother and Jesse said that when she went in to see them the other day, brother bun was flopped on the floor and Monroe and mama bun were lying down using him as a pillow. How sweet is that? Monroe will be 4 months old almost to the day when he gets here.

Rory is such a love! I love my big, cuddly boy and pick him up a few times a day to kiss him and hug him. He's quite agreeable to it. He's shedding right now, not as bad as back in January (oh my gosh, I don't see how he wasn't bald), but enough to warrant the Furminator. He still disapproves of Tallulah's presence, but is getting better... The other day he bit her on the ear pretty hard through his cage wires, though, and her poor little ear has a little scab and a hairless spot :(

So, that's what's going on here! I will get pictures of the bunzos tomorrow :)

It's update time again! Monroe arrives in FOUR DAYS! Oooh, am I excited. We're getting everything ready for him. I'm pretty sure I decided on a name for him, but I'm keeping it secret until we finally meet him just in case I change my mind again! The only things that still need to be done in regards to him are to bunny proof the bedroom since he'll be staying upstairs until Tallulah is better, load up the stuff he'll need while in Anchorage, and make sure the Vet Bed I ordered for his carrier gets to Pennsylvania in time for his flight.

Miss Mae is feeling better today. The vet agreed that she might have coccidea. Unfortunately, it's difficult to diagnose, so we don't know for sure if it's what she has. The meds to treat it are pretty gentle on bunnies though, so the vet didn't think it would hurt to try medicating her. At the vet visit, Tallulah's cecum was huge and very prominent in her abdomen. It must have hurt :( She was prescribed an antibiotic to kill the coccidea, a gut motility drug to hurry along her digestive tract and Benebac to replenish the good bacteria in her intestines. Luckily, she really likes the first two meds and she alternates between hating the Benebac and thinking it's okay. Her cecum is much smaller today and her poops were all of normal size last night! Hopefully the coccidea is what has been causing all her problems and in a couple weeks, she'll be recovered and not have any more health issues :thumbup The vet said Tallulah should be just fine staying with our friends from Saturday morning until Tuesday night, they will be giving her her meds twice a day and keeping an eye on her, as well as coming to our apartment to check on Rory and the birds and rats. Hooray for friends who like pets!

Monroe will be living upstairs at first because coccidea is spread when a healthy bunny somehow ingests the poop of a bunny with coccidea. They aren't supposed to play in the same area until she's better, and it just seems safest to keep him upstairs and of course wash hands between touching the bunnies. If Tallulah does have coccidea, she's had it since I got her which means Rory's been constantly exposed to it for the past 3 months. He's not showing any symptoms, so he can stay downstairs with her and play in the same area.

So, that's pretty much what's happening here!

I will have my Monroe baby in a little less than 72 hours! I can't wait! :shock:

Tallulah liked her Benebac today and actually came running to get it out of the tube, so I didn't have to hold her on her back. She gets so excited about her cherry flavored medicines. Lately she does not like being picked up and held most of the time, I don't think it's just because her tummy hurts. She still likes being petted and getting attention though. It's funny, if I try to pick her up, she runs away flicking her heels at me, but 30 seconds later comes back to be petted. I'm hoping the not liking to be held thing is just a phase and maybe in a few months she'll like it again :) She turned 6 months old today, so understandably her hormones are kicking in! I'm going to still try to hold her once a day or so, just so she is still used to the idea in a few months. Regardless of whether she likes being held or not, she is my sweet little girl! And today I noticed that she looks much more grown up than she did even a couple weeks ago. Grow, baby, grow!

Rory's doing well, too! The blue carpet in his bunny house (we call their cages bunny houses because it sounds a lot nicer and they both do like their cages) got replaced today because it was all hairy and icky looking. The new carpet is very dark green, it practically looks black. I wanted to get light gray, but Home Depot was out of it. So, his bunny house is looking much spiffier now. I offended him deeply this afternoon when I was vacuuming under the coffee table with the hose extension and didn't realize he was under there. He went flying out from underneath and ran up the stairs, where he stayed for the next hour and a half looking indignant. I promise I didn't accidentally suck up his tail or anything, and usually he's pretty curious about the vacuum cleaner. I felt bad for scaring him, but his "sulking" was very cute :biggrin2:

I got a couple pictures of the buns today and will post them tomorrow!

Shiloh, I'm soooooo happy for you!:biggrin2: Tallulah is getting better...Rory is nice and strong and soon, little Monroe will be in your arms. :bunnydance:

I can't wait to see pics. You take such great pics of your babies. :inlove:

I don't get to post often but I try to pop in here and check every so often. I have many pics of Thumper and Peaches that I will hopefully be able to post while on vacation. They are just super great!:thumbup

Give lots of kisses and nose rubs to Rory, Lula and Monroe for me.:pet:

Aww, I'm really glad to hear that Tallulah is feeling better! Little baby needs to get big and strong so she can play with her new boyfriend Monroe when he arrives lol! :hearts::hearts:

You must be sooooo excited about him arriving!!! Did the vet bed arrive with Jesse yet? I can't WAIT to see pics of him!!! :D

Looking forward to some new pics too! :p

Jen xx

Jen, I got through to the vet bed company yesterday and they said they sent it out on Tuesday and that it should arrive at Jesse's house today! She usually PMs me when stuff arrives, but they gave me the UPS tracking number so I'm going to look it up now. If it has arrived, then, hooray! She has everything she needs for him now. I just have to do a couple things here and we're ready to go! We will be meeting little Monroe on my darling Cinnabun's birthday. He would be 13 years old if he were still alive... Some bunnies make it to 13. I wish he had :( I would love to have my four bunzos together. I will always consider the little lop I had for a day to be my bunny, so five if I include him/her. Tallulah rather looks like that little lop did.

Anyway, Jackie, are you and your boys moving on Saturday, or are you going down to Florida to visit? You've been so busy, I'm sure! I've been thinking about you and the move and your puppy and bunnies a lot, I've just not sent a PM! Must do that. Regardless, you get to finally meet Ash! I'll bet he's grown a bunch, but is still adorable. And I can't wait to see new Thumper and Peaches pictures! They're so sweet. I saw your post about them being binky royalty, that makes Rory and Tallulah the binky prince and princess! Tallulah does the cutest little binkies and it's so good to see her doing them since she didn't for a long time. Rory has a tendency to crash into furniture when he does them, I'm a little afraid he'll get a concussion!

I'm going to get some more pictures of the bunnies today and then post them all in a couple hours!

Awww, that bit about Cinnabun's birthday bought a tear to my eye... I wish she was still alive for you too! :hug:

Also, I have to say... don't post those pics in a couple of hours! Post themnow lol! I'll not last that long, I have to go to bed! :p:p

Ok Jen, I will take pictures of the buns right now so I can post them! Just give me half an hour or so to upload them and everything :biggrin2:

Also, I tracked the vet bed on the UPS web site and it says it was delivered :dancingorig:

I was just taking pictures of the bunnies and was video taping me petting Tallulah with her chin on my knee because it was so cute... Then I moved my knee away and stopped petting her so she'd run around, but she got mad and chomped me really hard on the knee! It was through my pants so didn't break the skin, but there's a dark purple bruise there already and it's surrounded by red. It hurts, that was quite a bite, you can actually hear her chomp down in the video. I told her no, then unceremoniously plopped her back in her cage and am currently ignoring her. I probably should have put my hand over her head too, but I was too surprised! My feelings are slightly hurt. She's only every barely nipped once, and now she outright chomps me because I stopped petting her! I would say hormones are most definitely kicking in:D Maybe we'll schedule her spay for just as soon as she's better from being sick... Funny that she started the day AFTER her 6 month birthday, my vet considers girl bunnies to be sexually mature and ready to be spayed at 6 months!

Jen, Paul is coming home for lunch now so I'll continue my photo shoot after he goes back to work (we eat together). I did get a few cute pictures of Miss Mae before she bit me, I'll get more of Rory in a few minutes!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I was just taking pictures of the bunnies and was video taping me petting Tallulah with her chin on my knee because it was so cute... Then I moved my knee away and stopped petting her so she'd run around, but she got mad and chomped me really hard on the knee! It was through my pants so didn't break the skin, but there's a dark purple bruise there already and it's surrounded by red. It hurts, that was quite a bite, you can actually hear her chomp down in the video. I told her no, then unceremoniously plopped her back in her cage and am currently ignoring her. I probably should have put my hand over her head too, but I was too surprised! My feelings are slightly hurt. She's only every barely nipped once, and now she outright chomps me because I stopped petting her! I would say hormones are most definitely kicking in:D Maybe we'll schedule her spay for just as soon as she's better from being sick... Funny that she started the day AFTER her 6 month birthday, my vet considers girl bunnies to be sexually mature and ready to be spayed at 6 months!

Jen, Paul is coming home for lunch now so I'll continue my photo shoot after he goes back to work (we eat together). I did get a few cute pictures of Miss Mae before she bit me, I'll get more of Rory in a few minutes!

:hug:BLESS YOU! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics! I'm in bed at the moment lol, with my laptop! Replying to your PM! :p

And poor you, getting chomped by Tallulah! I've gotta say I know the feeling well, but after you put her back in her cage like that, I'd be surprised if she did it again any time soon lol! Chalk bites like that ALL the time, and if you hold her too long, she'll bite, and if I'm cuddling Barney, and stop petting for a few seconds, CHOMP! I've gotten many purple bruises from them lol! I know how you mean about your feelings being hurt though, I almost don't like telling people that a bunny has bit me cos it seems like you're saying that they don't like you lol! But, remember, it's a sign of love! That's what I keep saying to myself, anyway..... :p

Jen, I'm uploading the pictures now! It'll probably be about 15 minutest since I need to finish uploading them all, then copy and paste them and everything. Have one of these :caffeine while you're waiting.

Tallulah's chomp is all swollen now, too! I don't have really sensitive skin, so I'm kind of surprised. Cinny bit sometimes but I don't recall ever getting a bruise or swelling from him, he made me bleed several times though. I took a picture of the bite too. I hope she doesn't bite Paul or our friends who are going to babysit her over the weekend! I wonder why they do bite when they're enjoying being petted? You can tell by the video that she was enjoying being petted right up until she bit. I watched the video and have to admit that she's cute even when she's biting! How I love my pubescent little bun :inlove: How often do you get chompered by your buns? Rory bit me once when I was petting him and he was licking the couch and I put my hand by his face to see if he'd lick me instead. It didn't hurt very much although I was surprised, and it didn't even leave scratch marks from his teeth. He's a very sweet boy!

So yes, pictures coming soon! Sorry this is taking so long, Jen! I understand if you need to go to bed, the pictures will be here for you in the morning if you do :hug2:

Alrighty, it's picture time!

Rory sulking on the stairs after the vacuum incident:

RoryandTallulah296.jpg

RoryandTallulah298.jpg

RoryandTallulah297.jpg

"Hi mommy!"

RoryandTallulah290.jpg

RoryandTallulah288.jpg

RoryandTallulah284.jpg

RoryandTallulah312.jpg

RoryandTallulah313.jpg

*TWEAK*

RoryandTallulah314.jpg

RoryandTallulah317.jpg

RoryandTallulah319.jpg

I love a tall eared boy!

RoryandTallulah321.jpg

More famous striped pants pictures:

RoryandTallulah328.jpg

RoryandTallulah323.jpg

RoryandTallulah322.jpg

RoryandTallulah324.jpg

RoryandTallulah327.jpg

"Put me down, woman!" She had a slightly runny nose last night...

RoryandTallulah302.jpg

RoryandTallulah301.jpg

Getting the butt from Rory:

RoryandTallulah303.jpg

RoryandTallulah283.jpg

RoryandTallulah291.jpg

RoryandTallulah292.jpg

RoryandTallulah293.jpg

RoryandTallulah294.jpg

As sweet as can be just before biting:

RoryandTallulah306.jpg

RoryandTallulah307.jpg

RoryandTallulah308.jpg

RoryandTallulah309.jpg

RoryandTallulah310.jpg

Phew, lots of pictures! I hope you enjoyed :biggrin2:

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Such cute pictures! Love them! I'm really sorry I didn't stay up late enough, my laptop battery died, and I felt sooo sick I couldn't stay up any longer! But now that I'm up the pictures have really cheered me up!

I love little Rorybean upside down! Look at his little feetsies! And little Tallulah right before she bit you LOL! She looks so sweet and innocent! She can't have bit you, it must have been a mistake! Not that cute little bunner! :p

Hope you guys have a safe trip to Anchorage, and have fun meeting Tundrakatiebean too! :D

I'm glad you two liked the pictures :pinkbouce: I had fun taking them! And no reason to apologize Jen, it always takes longer to upload and post the pictures than I think it will. Doesn't Tallulah just look ever so sweet? I was thinking how darling she is and that I must get a video, then *chomp*! I snuggled with her on a couple more occasions last night and she didn't bite either time, so at least she doesn't bite every time I stop petting her! One of the times, she was lying on my chest being petted and our faces were about 4 inches apart. I made her promise not to bite me on the face if she got mad. Good baby didn't do it :nod

I'm rather worried about Monroe's trip, guys! Or rather, worried about OUR part of Monroe's trip... Paul says the roads are terrible today, and tomorrow we need to make the 7 hour drive down to Anchorage. The roads could be better by tomorrow, or they could be worse. Jesse will be leaving to take Monroe to the airport at around midnight our time tonight, and that certainly isn't enough time for us to know whether the roads will be good. So that means we either need to call it off ahead of time when the roads might end up being fine, or if we don't call it off, he could be well on his way here before we find out we can't make the drive. What the heck, weather. Please cooperate. It's almost MAY, I think we deserve for the weather to warm up past the slushy terrible road temperature. This is really the only week that will work to go get the bunny, for about 10 reasons. Paul says that his parents could go pick Monroe up for the airport, then I guess keep him for who knows how long until they can drive up here to visit, but I don't want to do that. They don't really like bunnies, don't have experience caring for them, don't want to care for him (though they have offered to pick him up and drive him here because they're nice people), don't want to have to drive to the airport at almost midnight, don't have any of the supplies to take care of a bunny, etc. Please hope everything turns out okay!!

Awww no, this is worrying! I really hope that you can make it down there somehow to get him! I don't know what the roads are like there, is it a case of you wont be able to get through at all, or could you set off earlier and take a slower drive?

Oh no, I'm really crossing my fingers for you, I hope you can find a way to get him!! :?You've been so excited for so long, I really hope it comes together for you! Please let me know what happens!!!

xx

I got Lula tongue pictures! She gets so excited about her medicine and starts licking everything, so out came the camera. I also got a short video, will post it when it finishes uploading! Sorry the pictures are all blurry, but she doesn't stay still when she's excited. Rory gets really excited when medicine time comes too, even though he doesn't get any... Yesterday he ran off with one of the medication bottles, and today he kept trying to get the containers the syringes come in. Amazing how much damage he can do with just a couple chomps! Last night he also for some reason pulled the little plastic knobs off Tallulah's carrier's closing mechanism. Didn't chew them up or anything, just pulled them off then binkied away.

"Where's mah meddysins? Give me them NOWWWW"

RoryandTallulah329.jpg

RoryandTallulah330.jpg

RoryandTallulah333.jpg

RoryandTallulah336.jpg

"More prease?"

RoryandTallulah337.jpg

I love this one, she looks so happy...

RoryandTallulah339.jpg

My little princess bit me again today! I was putting food in her food bowl. The bite wasn't as hard as yesterday, but I told her "no", then pressed her head to the floor with my hand over it for about 10 seconds, took her food away and ignored her for about half an hour. Then I gave her food back. Hopefully she gets the idea! I really hope she doesn't bite the bunnysitters over the weekend, that would be sad since they're taking care of her because they like her so much.

Great news! The roads are looking better now! Paul thinks they will be okay tomorrow. I'm so glad! Also, his boss said he can't have Tuesday off, which means we'll only be spending one day in Anchorage. We'll be arriving Saturday evening, picking up Monroe that night, then we'll have Sunday with his family and drive back to Fairbanks on Monday. I really want to meet Katie, but I don't know if we'll be able to since we'll be there for such a short amount of time. She so very kindly offered to pick Monroe up at the airport for us if we can't get there until Sunday, and if the roads are too bad Sunday too, she offered to bunnysit him for a whole two weeks until Paul's parents can drive up here and bring Monroe! Thanks a million, Katie!

OMG those pictures of Tallulah going crazy for her medicine are so funny!:laugh:

And Rory upside down in your lap is really adorable. I think bunnies look the cutest when you have them upside down...I'll have to snap a few shots of Billy and Ronnie next time they have their nails trimmed :)

Also, can't wait to see pictures of Monroe. Have a safe trip! :)

If you liked the pictures, you should love the video! It's so cute, if I may say so! Also, I found more pictures of her licking on my camera:

DigitalCamera41808012.jpg

DigitalCamera41808016.jpg

DigitalCamera41808017.jpg

DigitalCamera41808019.jpg

DigitalCamera41808020.jpg

DigitalCamera41808077.jpg

And here are a bunch more videos! There are two Rory birthday videos and a Tallulah eating video.

Latest posts

Back