Rory, Skyler and Phoebe Mae

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Hi all! I thought it was time to start Rory's blog and have a place to post some of the many pictures of him. First of all, Rory's story:

I had a bunny when I was younger, a sweet and feisty Netherland Dwarf named Cinnabun (that's him in my avatar). I was heartbroken when he died at the age of seven. I was seventeen. About a year before Cinny died, I saw the name Rhiordan somewhere and thought it, with the nickname Rory, would be the perfect name for a bunny. I looked it up and it means "little poet king". After Cinny died, I new I wanted another bunny (and that I would name him Rhiordan), but had to wait five and a half long years before I finally would!

On October 12, one of the members of this forum (E2) who also lives in Fairbanks, AK sent me the link to this cute little bunny who had been dumped at the Fairbanks North Star Borough Animal Shelter on October 4th.

As soon as I saw him, I knew he should be my bunny. I think all bunnies are cute and wonderful, but when I saw him, I just knew he was my Rory Bean. I showed the pictures of the bunny to my boyfriend, Paul, who didn't think we should get him. I thought Rory wasn't going to be mine, but I was able to convince Paul surprisingly easily and I was thrilled!

The next day I was thinking about the little bunny all day and hoping he would be a good fit for us. When we got to the shelter that afternoon, the volunteer pried him out of his cage and he leapt into my arms. It almost seemed more like I was finding him after being gone a long time rather than meeting him. We held the bunny and I got all soppy over him and we knew he was ours in, oh, about two seconds. We filled out his adoption papers and renamed him Rhiordan Blackberry Bean. Blackberry is from my favorite Watership Down bunny and Bean is his last name because I thought it was funny. The next day after getting Rory lots of toys and supplies and setting up his cage, we picked him up from the shelter and brought him to his new home.

Rory's personality proved to be just like the shelter described. He is very sweet and gentle and easy to handle, but I can tell he's quite nervous. It shows in his eyes, for the first few days his eyes were just huge, but over the past couple days he's begun to relax. We're working on helping him feel comfortable and bonding with us, it's going well! He seems to be a sensitive soul, but also rather regal. He's been enjoying his nice new home with lots of good food (he loves to eat!), lots of nice pettings and great toys that he likes to throw around and play with. He's quite photogenic and doesn't mind having a camera in his face, how nice for me! I love watching his personality flourish more every day. He's started doing mini-binkies and shows he likes me by jumping onto my lap and closing his eyes and lowering his head when I pet him. I also saw him grinding his teeth in contentment this afternoon.

Rory, I love you bunches! You already have Paul (the no longer reluctant bunny owner who thinks everything you do is adorable) and I wrapped around your... um... big, wonderful ears. I can't wait to spend the next ten plus years spoiling you and loving you, things all wonderful bunnies deserve. Oh yeah, sorry we have to neuter you :shock:.

And now, for the pictures!

Rory in his carrier right after we got home

Rory and mama

Airplane ears!

Rory's pretty broken agouti markings

"I'm a lop mix!"

'R' is for Rory

Rory hopped on my lap when we were playing

Rory happy and grinding his teeth!

And my favorite picture... "I wike it here, I gets wotsa toys and wuvs"

I hope you all enjoyed! And that the pictures aren't too much :biggrin2: Here is the link to his online album if you'd like to see the rest:
http://community.webshots.com/user/SnowyShiloh

Yay! Rory has a blog!! He's so cute, I can't wait to hear more about your lives together. Post as many pics as you have, we love pictures here!

Northern Bunnies rule!!

~Diana, Ookpik & Newt!

He's adorable. How old is he? Who could dump such a cute bunny ? People ARG :Xmake me so mad. But people like you make me so Happy.:)

Congratulations on your new Baby.

Susan:apollo:

PS

You must get a picture of him with his Daddy.

awww he really does look happy in those photos!:biggrin2:

Thanks, everyone! :biggrin2: I don't know how old he is, but I think he's young. On one piece of paperwork, it said he was 3 months and on another it said he was an adult. His testicles have descended and we have an appointment for his neuter next Wednesday. We have a regular exam first and I'm hoping the vet can say how old he is. When do bunnies stop growing? I hope that he's young (so that I have as much time with him as possible) but that he's done growing! He's the perfect size right now. Of course, I'll think he's perfect if he gets bigger too!

He's so cute! I love his name too :biggrin2:.

Just curious, is that meant to be him in the first two pictures you posted as that bunny isn't the same bunny as the other pictures, it's a different colour. Just being nosey :p.

Hi NZ! Yes, I noticed that as well. I believe it was just how the picture turned out. Rory was brought in by himself and was alone in his cage. They didn't have any other bunnies that looked like that, either. The markings in the first two pictures match his exactly (other than color) and that first picture just looks like him! I was kind of surprised too since I was expecting to see a bunny with butterscotch and dark brown spots. I really do think it was just the picture. He was also the only bunny in a cage with white bars. Even if the pictures were somehow mixed up, I think I got the right bunny :biggrin2:

Oh well that's strange! The bunny in the first two pictures I would swear was a broken tort, then Rory is an agouti, and the markings don't really match at all (top bunny has a white nose and it's butterfly marking spread further).

I'm sorry if I seem catty I'm just genuinly nosey and curious and not trying to nit-pic. I think Rory is adorable :inlove:.

You don't seem catty at all! I just kinda figured the camera was being weird, I know things can turn out strangely with them sometimes. Figured the extra white on top of his head was just a reflection of the light Funny that the third picture looks like the right colors, huh? Maybe they accidentally posted pictures of a previous bunny that was there and then a picture of Rory. Interesting, huh? The first picture looks so much like him, though. I realize that all bunnies look like bunnies, but the look on his face is very "Rory".

Could be old pictures also..... I've seen a lot of bunnies get more color when they lose their first coat.

He's gorgeous, I love him!

OMG...I'm in love!!! :inlove: I haven't been online for a bit. Snowy, he is sooo adorable! i just knew when you were contemplating going to see him at the shelter that he was going to be yours!

I am so happy that he is settling in just fine and I'm sure he is getting alot of lovin!

I want to see more pics and more pics and more pics! (I also put more pics of (Cinnabun's "twin" on the Thumper blog).

Wee! I'm glad everyone's enjoying Rory's little blog. I think he is adorable, too and feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I look over and see him taking a nap all happy and relaxed. What a sweet bun. Hehe Phinnsmommy, have you checked out his photo album? I didn't take any pictures yesterday, but I will today when he's out having a hop! Last night Rory spent time with me on the couch for the first time since Sunday (he was quite scared last time and too much contact at once seems to stress him so I was working on spending time with him in less "hands on" ways at first). He did well! I lay a trashbag on the couch, then a towel, then him on top of that (last time he peed on the couch) and lay down next to him with my book. He did look a little scared, but I pet his head and he lay down. He lay like that with me for a good 20 or 25 minutes! If I stopped petting him, he'd get up and look at me, but as soon as I started again he'd lay down. So cute! He seemed to be getting antsy near the end (or maybe he'd had enough snuggles), and as soon as I put him back in his cage he peed in the litter box. Good boy!! :clapping:

Rory has one of those little bunner faces that looks so innocent and sweet. Added to knowing he's shy - he's just too precious!

You really found a sweetheart! I am so glad it worked out that you got him!

Awww, what a cutie patootie. He is soaking up all of the attention. Smart bun! :biggrin2:

Yay for the pee pee in the litter! It will even get better after his surgery. Thumper has nearly perfect litter habits now. He hasn't peed or really pooped outside of his litter boxes (one in his cage and the other in the living room) for four days. :yes:Immediately after his surgery, he was down to peeing 1-2 times a day, which beat his 9-10 times! :pullhair:so the surgery really helped.

Give him big smooches for me!

You guys would love to pet Rory! He has the softest fur I've ever felt. It's so thick and plush, I love petting him. I wonder if his fur is so thick because his previous owners had him outside in a hutch. I mean, I don't know if they did or not, but I'd imagine getting such a thick coat could be in response to being outside when it was getting colder. Also, the bottoms of his feet were dirtied gray, which I'm not used to seeing on an indoor bunny. His feet aren't as gray anymore. He really is a sweetie, even when I can tell he's a bit nervous, he doesn't resist being picked up (or being put down anymore) or being held. I try not to hug him too much yet because his eyes get big, but when I'm taking him out of his cage to bring him to the kitchen or couch to play, I snuggle him for the short walk. He's the perfect size for snuggles! Can't wait until he settles in more. Also, he likes to stick his head out of the cage and I kiss him on the head, doesn't seem to bother him. So kissable! I will give him smooches for everyone!

As for potty accidents, he hasn't had one since Sunday when he peed on the couch and the floor. I think he's had a couple of stray doots a few days ago, but none since. I've been taking him out for only 10 or so minutes at a time several times a day so he doesn't get too worried (I've been lengthening the times and base it on how comfortable he seems or if he seems to have to pee). If he scratches at a towel or something, back into the litter box he goes! I bought him a second litter box yesterday and plan to have that out with him, too. So far he's only playing in the kitchen or on the couch. The true test of how litter trained he is will be when he's out longer!

He's a little eating machine! Loves to eat all the time. I've been giving him veggies every day. I know you're supposed to start out with one and only intro one a week. Last week we did romaine lettuce, he did great with it and also got some parsley and basil which he liked. No ill effects from any of them. Yesterday he got a little piece of carrot (seemed unfair to give the rats carrots but not him, he is the bunny after all!) and some romaine and a little bit of mustard greens (the new veggie for the week). He loved it all and no ill effects from them, either!

I'm off to class!

I have more pictures! Rory's box of Busy Bunny items arrived today. I placed the order at like 3 am early Friday morning, received an e-mail Friday morning at about 9 saying they'd been shipped, and then they arrive now! AND shipping was only $7.50 to Alaska! Amazing. Rory got a willow chew ring, willow ball, bunny rattle, bag of 5 willow Christmas ornaments, a bunny Christmas ornament for our tree (I'm going to paint it), a straw mat to cover part of the cage bottom (I get the feeling he might pee on it, we'll see) and a cool woven willow hay rack that's really nice and big and cheaper than the plastic ones at the store! I don't have pictures of him playing with his toys, but I did get a rather funny photo shoot of him in his cage. This rabbit is so laid back, he'll hold the same pose for a good two minutes while I mess around with the camera and pose him with stuff! Here he is with his piggy friend, Piggles. You can see how he doesn't really change position at all until the end and just lets me move things around like numbers of toys and stuff! I actually have more pictures from this "series" of him staying put while I move things around him, I just thought these were funny because you can see all the little changes I made.

"I get the feeling... that something is upstairs!"

Dun dun dunnn... it's the giant piggy, Piggles! Notice his hooves and snout have hay bits on them already, what a little slob Piggles is!

"Y hellow thar"

"Mom, people already assume I'm a girl because I'm a bunny. Why did you buy me a floofy pink pig stuffie instead of a... a rabid T Rex or something?:foreheadsmack:

"Okay, I'm done here... fling!"

"Bai bai!"

Hope you enjoyed and think the pictures are as cute as I do!

Latest posts

Back