Ronin's New Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ender

Reaction score
Last night I set up an xpen in my room with plent of toys and chew sticks for my bunny, Ronin. It's a lot bigger than his hutch on my porch. Anyway, he kept me awake for a while last night while he was chewing on sticks ect. He is intact, but we are planning on neutering him within a month. Would that help the loud noises at night? And is there anything else I can do to get a good nights sleep? Thanks!

Neutering might be helpful. But unfortunately bunnies are noctural and they enjoy moving around at night. Mine are in the living room and I can still hear them once in while while I'm bed romping about, tearing up cardboard, digging or just horse play.

Maybe others who have their bunnies in their bedroom can help with some solutions.

It might just take you some time because it's all new to you as well. At first it was new to us and every little sound had me out to check. But now it's a soothing background noise to know all is well.

K:)

Just as Karen said they are nocturnal and there is not much you can do about that.My bunny does not sleep in my room he sleeps in the living room but i do put a blanket over the cage

good luck:biggrin:

Earplugs? Hehe. Sweet D lives in my bedroom, but luckily I'm a sound sleeper, so D doesn't bother me, but I know he's active because all of his things are moved around in the morning.

Good luck!

The first year I had Rilee she lived under my dorm room.loft bed. I didn't hear her too much at night but she always woke me up early by tugging the bars/door. I had to take out bell toys before bed. I tried covering her cage with a towel but it didn't help the noise and she would just pull it in her cage.

So... earplugs.

Yup. :biggrin2: I plan to keep my future rabbit in my room, too. I've been warning about the noise, also. :wink I am a sound sleeper once I finally fall alseep. I've slept through my Mom making smoothies in the loud blender, my Mom vacuuming in the room next to mine, ect.

So bring it oooooonnnnn bunneh! :biggrin2:

Back