(RIP) So Miffy is now going blind in one eye...poor wee girl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
After all she's been through of recent months and as we thought it was all over, she is now developing a milky eye. The vet says it is a typical cataract developing and she may lose her sight in that eye or may just see light and dark. Her other eye is totally fine thank goodness. Vet is just going to leave it be.

At 4 yrs 7 meths she's not a youngster anymore, but not exactly an old girl either.

Poor Miffy baby:(

mummybunny xx

Aww that poor girl! after everything she has been through

Miffy will do just fine though, at least her other eye is ok. my little Lulu is completely blind and you wouldn't really know that she was blind, except if you see her close up, you can see her eyes are white

cheryl

Wow, does she get around okay? Was she born blind or develop cataracts with age? We'd never move our furniture about as we don't have the space so she'd find her way about fine -just follow Munchkin probably!

mummybunny

Yeah, Lulu gets around just fine, you wouldn't know that she's blind, i do have to keep everything in the someplace, otherwise she gets confused

She was diagnosed last year, and she was just a year and a half, so she was still young, the vet gave her a diabetes test..but that came back negative,..thank goodness!

Miffy will be ok..she has Munchkin by her side :)

Blind bunnies are simply amazing!!

for Miffy...:kiss:

cheryl

Poor Miffy! I forget, did she get treated for E. cuniculi? I wonder if that's causing all these problems? I know it can cause cataracts, liver problems (didn't she have an issue?), etc.

Thankfully, like Cheryl said many bunnies seem to adjust well to blindness. And she'll still see out of one eye.

:pray:

Aw, poor Miffy. Bless her heart.

Animals seem to adjust to these things much better than we do.

My Toby is blindand he gets around fine. He just doesn't run as fast as the others. I have to talk to him when I enter his room so he isn't startled.

Hi all,

Miffy is having to get her eye removed tomorrow :(

She has developed a cataract over the eye so is now totally blind, but in the last few days it has staretd bulbing out. We took her to the vet today and she is to have the operation tomorrow...so scared.

The vet doesn't know why it has started bulging - it may be she has knocked it, as it is not in the socket correctly, or it could be glaucoma caused by the cataract.....or it could be an abcess behind theeye - those who know us know we lost our wee boy Fudge to an ocular abcess a couple of years ago.

Am so scared she doesn't make the op, or that it's an abcess and it can't be treated.

This has been a terrible year so far, what with losing Munchkin at the end of Dec, and then my mum having colon cancer, we can't lose Miffy too, especially after all she went through last summer....

Please send all your prayers and best thoughts for our wee girl for tomorrow...I'll let you know how she gets on...

mummybunny xx

Oh my gosh. I hope everythingturns outalright. I'll be thinking of you and Miffy and sending prayers your way. Come on girl.

:pray:

Oh my gosh! I'm sooo sorry this is happening!Don't worry a bit about her. She is going to be just perfect! There are tons of people praying for her. :pray:

Marsh & Rascal say not to worry as all will be ok - they each had an eye removed due to damage or glaucoma.

Now they are best buddies and when they annoy each other, they just turn to the other on the side with the missing eye ;)

PS Rascal still is growing her hair back in this pic - this was taken last year

Wheredid you go?
000_0085.jpg

Ah....there you are
000_0087.jpg

000_0089.jpg

Back