(RIP) S'more has been sneezing/coughing and has nasal discharge.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers for you and S'more. It sounds like she's in good hands and if anything can be done, it will. Big hugs sent across the miles.

Thanks, Claire.

I just tucked all the buns in for the night....well, almost all of them.
It was so strange not having S'more sticking her nose through her pen to get her night-time hay.

Thanks, Jan :hug:

I've got Smore'sstuff all packed up, and will be headed up to the vet in about 15 minutes.

I've been up most of the night.

***I tend to eat when I get nervous/worried/anxious....so the refrigerator is basically empty now. But, I made sure I left some romaine for S'more.***

I'll try to post updates whenever I get them.

:pray:

Thanks Autumn :hug:

S'more is still hanging in there.

I still haven't talked them into letting me see her, though.

I went up this morning with her supplies and the vet tech told me that she was doing better, and that she was in the nebulizer eating hay.

This afternoon I called and the tech told me that she was still doing good and was chomping on a leaf of romaine.

She's gotten steroids, anti-inflamatories, antibiotics, and nebulizing.

I call Dr.C tomorrow to get a more detailed report.

As of last night, S'more was stable and still receiving treatments.
She's be there for at least a couple more days.

They told me to call Saturday for another update.

I think I'll drive up there on Saturday morning, instead of calling.
If she's going to stay, I'll need to bring more feed and romaine.

I'm also sorry, Jim ; my cat William has been hosptialized this week for pancreatitis and lymhpoma and I have spent most of the week feeling like you are now. :(

William is home now and getting well ; I hope that S'more's also improves enough so she can go home with you :pray:

Thanks for all of the well wishes, healing thoughts, and prayers!

:group:

I'm so fortunate to be part of this forum family....thisherd.
It can bevery lonely and scarywhen you have a sick bunnie.
Just knowing that somebunny else knows and cares, means so very very much.

I've quoted this before, and if reflects the camaraderie and family feelings that emanate from this forum....
"That's what you do in a herd, you look out for each other."

Binkies to all of you ol' bunnie-huggers!!

:hug:

I ended up calling the vet before driving up.

They told me that S'more is okay, but she'll be staying with them over the weekend.
I mentioned that she would probably need more food and greens, and they told me not to worry and that they had plenty of feed and fresh lettuce for her.

So I didn't go to the vet's office today.

They're open tomorrow, so maybe I'll call to see if I can visit S'more.
I really miss her and I think we would both feel better if we could just see each other and spend some quality time together.
I'd like to try and reassure her that I haven't abandoned her, too.

Latest posts

Back