RIP-Prayers for Muffy...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muffy's always been that way =[

The first and second time she's come to the shelter, she was lethargic. In fact, she weighed a lot less when I first got her :(

I've taken her to several vets about weight gain, and even have her on Oxbow 15/23.. but she will not go passed 4 lbs no matter what she was on. The vet and I were talking about her weight, and she suggested things I had already tried :dunno

I fed for some more critical care... I find that 3 feedings at once are just to stressful for her. So I've broken them up. The first one two hours ago was near impossible. I But the second time around.. about 10 min. ago - she started to slightly do it on her own. And she even bit me, and was able to scratch herself.

I'm starting to get my hopes up.. Labrador has been the snuggly cuddley boyfriend for Muffy. (The first thing the vets said to me was "Wow, Labrador sure is a fiesty little thing!" And I replied "Well I did warn you yesterday!" =P ... Labrador likes to put up a fight and a tough boy act, but when Miss Muffy is around.. is love bun time!

Vince and I are putting our schedules together to ensure someone is with her atleast every two hours for feedings.. 24 hours a day. If not, I will politely ask those hours off from work.. I work at a rabbit loving Starbucks, no joke, there are a small handful of us who adopted from the same shelter.. or just love rabbits. I've had many offers from my co workers willing to cover my shifts for me to ensure Miss Muffy is alright.

She still isn't moving much.. I guess with those sitches in a bad spot, I wouldn't be either.

Come on baby Muffy... you can do it!

If you bring me a vanilla bean frappacinno, I'll bunnysit for you! :D

I'm so hoping she is just a bit tired out. I really want to hear that she's pooping and drinking!

I went to give Muffy her last feeding for the night.

I opened her kennel, and found she had passed on.

I can't stop shaking, I can't stop crying, I just can't stop. I'm so so so sorry Muffy. I

RIP my baby girl..

Oh no, I'm so so sorry, April. :tears2:

I have to say it was expected. She was such an old bunny and clearly was getting to her time. It was nothing you did. I'm not even sure Labrador hastened this with the wound, she seemed to be wasting away, something that 10-year old bunnies just do. :(

You gave her a great end-stage life, though. She had such great care.

Poor Labrador. :( Poor April!! :in tears:

RIP Muffy :rip:

sas :cry1:

Yes, I understood that she's old that her time had to come eventually. :bigtears:

I have her on my lap.. and I just can't let go. I talked to Olga, telling her I just can't volunteer next week. This is really hard on me.. I can't even look at my own buns without bursting into tears. My boyfriend's going to have to care for them for me until I can again.

Oh, Sweetie...I was rooting so hard for your baby girl...I'm so sad to see this...

You let me know if you need a friend, ok? My email address is in my profile.

:hug:

Thanks everyone.

This really means a lot to me. I can't stop looking at Labrador.. he's eventually going to realize that she's not coming back to the NIC cage.

I don't plan on bonding Labrador with another rabbit - the main reason is he hates everybun except for Muffy. Labrador has been with Muffy since he was 2 months old. Also.. it's that feeling of replacing her. I'll just continue to focus on him... and hope that he and I can get through this together.

Muffy's head is covered in my tears.. I really should go to bed as I have work in the morning .. but I just can't put her down.. I'm not ready to let her go.. I never was =[

PixieStixxxx wrote:
I went to give Muffy her last feeding for the night.

I opened her kennel, and found she had passed on.

I can't stop shaking, I can't stop crying, I just can't stop. I'm so so so sorry Muffy. I

RIP my baby girl..
Oh no. I'm so sorry for your loss. I have been in your shoes and I know it can hurt so much. I wish I had words for you.

I know that she knew she was loved and cared for....and you did all you could for her.

Binky free special baby....binky free.

Peg

PixieStixxxx wrote:
I'm not ready to let her go.. I never was =[
I don't think we're ever ready to let them go.....I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out for you.

I'm so sorry.

Peg

Oh my goodness, April, I am so sorry. :sad:

Binky free Muffy. :rainbow:

Be strong April, spend time with Labrador, you two need each other.

Not nice I know, but did you show Labrador Muffy's body? I think it helps them understand. :hug: I know what you're going through, it's so hard, but your made your time with Muffy so special for her.

I'm so sorry to hear about Muffy :cry2 She was a beautiful, special girl and of course you aren't ready to let go. Poor Muffy and Labrador, and you too!

Latest posts

Back