(RIP) I think Cooper is dying - HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ra7751 wrote:
And I would not give Metacam if there is any hint of dehydration. That drug should always be used with a properly hydrated animal (even humans) and we always supplement hydration when using it.
Did I kill him by giving him the Metacam?

OMG! I'm so sorry, Laura. He was such a special boy.

No, you did not kill him. Don't even think that! You did everything you could for him. If I remember right, Metacam is used with hydration because it tends to affect the kidneys. This is not generally an immediate affect, but something that can cause chronic problems over time or slow damage, etc. Like alcohol and the liver. To me, it sounds like he was having seizures which means something was seriously wrong. I know that organ failure can cause seizures, for example if his cancer was causing one of his vital organs to fail. If this is the case, nothing could have saved him, and you did your best to make his passing pain-free.

And I know what you're thinking, and no, I doubt that any other surgeries or treatments would have saved him. You did the very best you could, as did your vet. It's a hard truth, but I think you need to know it so you don't blame yourself. Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

:hug:

Binky free, Cooper. We'll all miss you.

:rainbow:

Thank you, Angela.

I had him on a towel in his crate, petting him and talking to him, telling him it was okay. He had one big seizure, thenhe was gone in a matter of seconds.

I'm going to ask Dr. Pope to do a necropsy tomorrow. Cooper had an excellent checkup two weeks ago, blood work, everything was normal. I want to know if the cancer had gotten to his organs.

Laura, honestly, I don't know what to say, you have had such a hard time in the last year with all your sweethearts. My heart breaks that you have to go through this so often.

HUGS for you.

Nadia

Oh Laura, I really don't know what to say :(. Cooper was such a special boy, and he was loved so much.

Please, don't even think about blaming yourself. It sounds as if something much bigger was going on - hopefully the necropsy will give you some answers.

This is such a tragedy. We are all here for you.

R.I.P. Little man - your friends are waiting for you at The Bridge :(

Jan

I'm so sorry for your loss.... :bigtears:please remember that Cooper had a wonderful, loving life with you. That's what he knew in the end, and that's what gave him the will to fight after the amputation. You are in our prayers.:pray: I just can't tell you how sorry I am. He's happy now, and binkying at the Bridge! :rainbow:

I'm so very sorry about Cooper...:(..If you were finding more lumps its possible that the cancer was spreading without it being apparent.

I'm so very sorry bit its possible that he would have had a very painful time ahead of him.
Now he's at the Bridge with all of the others..binkying up a storm.

Laura, I'm am so very sorry.

Just don't blame yourself, like Angela said, there's nothing more you could have done but be there for him like you were. You are a great bunny mom and don't ever forget that.

Binky Free Cooper, you were a tough little man.:rainbow::pink iris:

Please accept our sympathies on Cooper's loss. It is never easy. And be assured that the Metacam did not cause this. More on that at a more appropriate time....but it didn't cause this so don't blame yourself. I read back on the threads and it looks like you have done everything you could have done. May Cooper binky free. Rest in peace little friend.

Randy

Don't know what to say Laura...Toby, Baby and now Cooper in such a short time...it's just not fair. :tears2:Binky free Cooper... :rainbow:

OMG Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. Life is just not fair.

Binky Free Cooper.:rainbow:

Susan:angelandbunny:

Latest posts

Back