RIP-Emergency: Angel my dwarf bunny not doing well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetoeatchocolate

Reaction score
Please help me with Angel my brown and black dwarf rabbit. She is not doing well at all. Not eating or drinking, just sitting down in one place grinding her teeth. When she tries to drink her head is wobbling. Her ears are upright. But it almost seems painful for her to move. She will not take food. The main distinctive thing may be her head wobbling. when she tries to move it wobbles side to side. I have an emergency appointment at the vets this afternoon. Vet is rabbit savy. All she is doing is sitting in one place. When I tried to take her out in her litter box her head shook more. When she tries to drink it is almost as if her mouth can't take it. She is trying to walk now. should I try to keep her still?

She is peeing. Pee is clear. She is able to walk but not without head wobbling.

i really really dont know what to do,,,/say.

keep her warm and hydrted till the vets i guess....

hope its correct and helpful

:biggrin2:

(give her a nose rub from me and my 2 buns send kisses)

Is her stomach hard? When did this start? How is her output? When was the last time you saw her eat?

Keeping her warm and hydrated sounds good right now.

My family informed me that she didn't eat dinner. I have told them that they need to tell me right away if a rabbit is not eating. They just thought that Angel wasn't hungry. How can I tell if her stomach is hard? She fights a lot when being picked up. Should I try a small gas x? I have benebac. I also have pedia lyte.
This started this morning. I have syringes to syringe feed too. I just don't know how to make the concoction. She has drank some more pedialyte. I got her apple flavored.

go and ask the vet.... ring themeven, he should give good advice.

i had to do that (syrine) my bunny, try and pick her up, and hold her close into ur body, and getly feel her tunny area, and watch her "pee and poo activity"

i goin off to get dinner, and might not be back on,,, good luck, (caramel my bun butts in,)i mean it, give her a hug! (my other eyore, ) and a kiss"!!!!

It sounds as if it is is something neurological

Was she injured in any way that you know of?

In the meantime ( if she can swallow) try to give her some simethicone for gas about 1 cc infant gas drops.

This sounds like gas/stasis brought on by something else.

you need to get to a vet ASAP

Please let us know how she is doing?

How is your bunny? Is there a chance she could have eaten anything like mistletoe or yew branches?

It's important to keep her as stress free as possible, so let her stay quiet. Pain meds may help.

Please let us know what the vet says.

sas :pray:

The vet took her pulse, temperature and said that Angel was on the way out. All she did during the whole examination was let the vet do anything with no resistance at all. She just lay there. The vet said she was in pain due to a major blockage and that the most humane thing to do was to put her to sleep. So that is what we chose to do. She said she had lost weight and was dehydrated. Right now I am very upset. It was a very hard decision.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Angel :( I was hoping she would pull through. Poor little girl. Sometimes the most loving thing we can do for our pets is to help them on their way to heaven, even if it hurts terribly. I feel so sad for you right now, I know what it's like to lose a beloved bunny and it takes a long time to start feeling better :hug: Binky free, beautiful Angel :rainbow:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I had the same thing happen with my last bunner, or so I think it was a blockage. I feel your pain. My pm box is open for you if youneed to talk. (Mine was also named Angel:?.)

RIP Angel:rainbow:

I am so sorry. My Brownie died last night also. I can't sleep. It is tragic and so hard to bear. I wonder if he had a blockage too. He had been nibbling on the Christmas Tree. Maybe it caused the block. He had intestinal problems for the last few days but I thought he was doing better tonight.

I feel ypur pain. It's a bad day for both of us. I can't sleep.

i can relate how u feel.

my bunny was on his way out, floopy, no movement. i held him in y arms for 7 hours then i went to bedrip, my bunny and urs they are playing!!

Latest posts

Back