RIP Beloved Tiny aka "The BunFather"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to say I'm sorry I'm late replying to this thread. Your bun, Tiny, sounds like he was very, very special--not only to you, but to so many others on this forum as well.

I am very sad for your loss of him and hope you will find comfort here at this forum and in your writings.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Oh Peg, just seeing the pictures of Tiny with his Easter Bonnet make me smile. I am so glad that I madeit for him.

Thank you for putting them in your collages.

Hugs

Susan:)
Susan,

A collage of Tiny would not be complete without his Easter Bonnet/hat. I thought he looked so cute in it....even if he himself hated it.

Receiving that hat allowed me to make a really "special" memory with Tiny - and I'm so thankful you sent that to him.

Peg

Yo! Tiny....

You didn't tell me she was the "wicked witch of the West"....you expect me to bond to Miss Bea?

You're CRAZY!

Ain't happening big guy - there are too many beautiful does out in the rabbitry. Your old girl wants to attack me - knock over my feed bowl (so what if I was chasing her at the time) and chin my bed. In addition - our mom tries to put my poops in my bed too...she claims its a "litter box".

So you big brute - you best be having some talks with them to set them straight....

I gotta admit though...this home isn't all bad....

Just don't tell mom yet...I gotta break her in some more....

ZEUS

P.S. Don't go expecting me to wear a hat or tie or whatever without putting up a fight either!

Oh Tiny....I miss you so much today.

I keep trying to work on collages to design one I really like....but none of them are the same as having you back. I'm gonna work on it some more - but it might take some time.

I did design this today and order it to remember you by...

I used a couple of my favorite photos....I may just keep it on my desk to hold candy so that the dishwasher doesn't make the photos go away...

I love you my big boy. I do so good for a bit and then something happens and I start crying and can't stop.

I do love Zeus - thank you for sending him to us. Just like you....he LOVES Blueberry yogurt chips (he stole one from Miss Bea - somehow - I pictured you up there laughing your tail off at that) and he'll come to me for a banana too. I'm so glad for the excuse to keep us stocked in bananas again.

Go binky for me now....ok? And give all the bunnies from here an extra hug - even Puck.

Mom

P.S. If you want to see the mug better - you can just click on it......I put two photos on one mug...

I hope that I'm not being too forward by posting on here, since you don't know me, but I wanted to let you know that you posting about Tiny has opened my eyes to really cherish my time with my animals and take lots of pictures because you never know what tomorrow holds. My "heart" dog is Maggie Bear, she's only 7 but she's never been in good health. If I'm blessed to have her until she's 10 I will consider myself very lucky. Since reading about Tiny and feeling your heartache I've been taking pictures of all my babies and spending some real quality time with them. Things that sometimes get pushed to the back burner because work and life gets in the way. Thank you for reminding me of what is important.

I hate that I didn't get to know Tiny while he was here, I've read lots of yours and his posts and I do feel like I know him somewhat! He was just such an incredible rabbit with such personality.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind my "butting" in to your thread for Tiny, but I thought that you might like to know that you unknowingly reached out and touched me and made me truly thankful for the time I have with my bunnies and my dogs. Thank you :rose:

RexyRex wrote:
I hope that I'm not being too forward by posting on here, since you don't know me, but I wanted to let you know that you posting about Tiny has opened my eyes to really cherish my time with my animals and take lots of pictures because you never know what tomorrow holds. My "heart" dog is Maggie Bear, she's only 7 but she's never been in good health. If I'm blessed to have her until she's 10 I will consider myself very lucky. Since reading about Tiny and feeling your heartache I've been taking pictures of all my babies and spending some real quality time with them. Things that sometimes get pushed to the back burner because work and life gets in the way. Thank you for reminding me of what is important.

I hate that I didn't get to know Tiny while he was here, I've read lots of yours and his posts and I do feel like I know him somewhat! He was just such an incredible rabbit with such personality.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind my "butting" in to your thread for Tiny, but I thought that you might like to know that you unknowingly reached out and touched me and made me truly thankful for the time I have with my bunnies and my dogs. Thank you :rose:
Thank you so much for your post. While I would give anything (almost) to have Tiny back - knowing that our loss encourages others to take photos and make those memories NOW - so they might have less regrets later on....means a lot to me. Somehow, it helps to make the grief more meaningful.

I have almost as many photos of Zeus in the last 6 days as I had of Tiny in 3 years.....losing Tiny at such a young age has impressed upon me the need to keep my camera batteries charged and to try and take pictures of different bunnies all the time.

Peg

Peg,

I just want to say that I somehow know what you're going through, but you have had two hecks of years. So unfair. So, me losing one very important one can't be near as hard as losing what you have. I wish I could hug you. You told us what brought you toadopt Zeus and I think that was a very good decision, he's helping you through. Miss Bea sure is a delight as well (just saw the vid with Robin giving him Craisens-too cute!)

I just want to add that, you have made us all utterly aware that the pictures and videos need to be taken NOW, not in a week or 3, NOW. I have been doing that, thanks to you.

I have a strange one of Snuff-not meaning to hijack, but he's weird:p. He does this dig, dig, dig, then he rubs his teeth on the flooring, haha. Weirdo.

I am so glad that Zeus is giving you some happiness when you most needed it. You definitely deserve it, hon:hug:.

Tiny? Are you giving me the butt right now? Haha. You have fun sweetheart!

I look forward to hearing much, much more about Zeus and Miss Bea!:)

Thank you for your kind words - and thanks really to all who have responded.

Some who have responded on this thread have already suffered losses (as far as heart bunnies go) - others have yet to suffer a loss (I pray you don't for a LONG LONG TIME).

Although I've had a large number of losses....I want to point out that losing one is not of any less pain than losing a number of buns. The fact is...we still lost a friend - a furry partner - a family member.

The loss of Tiny was absolutely devastating to me....worse than any other I'd lost. It was so sudden....and it was so unfair. (Death is always unfair).

I think though that somehow - I have more strength this time - part of it comes from the lessons I've learned from my losses thus far - part of it comes from having a purpose now - taking his death and using it to tell people, "TAKE PICTURES NOW. MAKE MEMORIES NOW. WRITE DOWN MEMORIES NOW!"...and of course - Zeus and Miss Bea are helping me also.

Yesterday I was so worried about Zeus - thinking he'd never be happy. Today - its like he's much more comfortable with us - more ready to accept us. Seeing progress in our relationship is helping me - and using the lessons Tiny taught me (to get him to trust me) is helping too.

Anyway - your loss was just as great as mine....so please don't feel like we can compare them.....but we can comfort each other as we work through our grief and somehow find a way to move on.

Right now - creating mugs and collages and books and scrapbooks about Tiny - is helping me to cherish the memories while I continue to move forward.

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
Although I've had a large number of losses....I want to point out that losing one is not of any less pain than losing a number of buns. The fact is...we still lost a friend - a furry partner - a family member.

I think though that somehow - I have more strength this time - part of it comes from the lessons I've learned from my losses thus far - part of it comes from having a purpose now - taking his death and using it to tell people, "TAKE PICTURES NOW. MAKE MEMORIES NOW. WRITE DOWN MEMORIES NOW!"...and of course - Zeus and Miss Bea are helping me also.

Anyway - your loss was just as great as mine....so please don't feel like we can compare them.....but we can comfort each other as we work through our grief and somehow find a way to move on.

Peg

Big points made there. But I always feel with you, Peg, that I cannot imagine, you know? Even though I had a hard one, I have been offering you condolences too much, it's not fair to you, and yes, it's never fair to anyone. God has made you stronger, for others;).

One point I want to make is that, you, Peg, have given us strength, because God gave YOU the strength. He knew you could do this, I guess.:hug: He's helped you to be one tough cookie, because you are.

I am graced with His presence and Love, I really am;).

AngelnSnuffy wrote
Big points made there. But I always feel with you, Peg, that I cannot imagine, you know? Even though I had a hard one, I have been offering you condolences too much, it's not fair to you, and yes, it's never fair to anyone. God has made you stronger, for others;).

One point I want to make is that, you, Peg, have given us strength, because God gave YOU the strength. He knew you could do this, I guess.:hug: He's helped you to be one tough cookie, because you are.

I am graced with His presence and Love, I really am;).
As strange as it may sound - I think God used the deaths over the past year to make me stronger for Tiny's passing - and to be able to help others. That doesn't mean I LIKE the fact that we had to go through those deaths. Its just...each one somehow toughened me up. Each one (as I was willing to go through the grieving process) made me stronger.

For those who don't know me - in the spring of 2005 (before I started breeding) - we got six bunnies that became our pets. We started with Tiny & Tio & Kyo (Netherland dwarf brothers). Then we added GingerSpice and SugarBear (lionheads) and finally - Puck.

GingerSpice died of what we think was e cunniculi in Jan of 2007. I was devastated and for months I was practically non-functional around the house (I buried myself in the forum to hide from the pain).

Puck died after fighting wry neck for months...and if I remember right - SugarBear died the same week.

Kyo (Robin's rabbit) had been rehomed in a pet home. This left me with Tiny & Tio.

Then - in the course of a few short weeks - we lost three out of four in a litter - three that were going to go to Rosie (Maherwoman).....Dusty, Drew & Bun Bun. The way they passed led us to believe that maybe they had some sort of a hidden genetic heart defect.

Each loss was devastating....each time I wanted to curl up in the fetal position and never come back out.

But each loss became "easier" to take. I could go on....I had to go on. I have a family and I had Tiny - and to be honest with you - he gave me so much strength.

One of the things that has greatly comforted me - more than anyone can know - is that I had 48 hours where I knew Tiny was ill and we could lose him. When he passed - it wasn't a total shock....I'd had time to start preparing myself (even though I never wanted it to happen).

I still remember the feel of him laying in my arms on the dog's bed that Friday night when I slept with him. I'd pet him and pet him....and if I stopped- he'd nudge me. If that didn't work - he'd lightly nip me. The memory of that night is just so special. For one thing - he looked so shocked (and pleased) that I'd spend the night laying on the floor with him. Funny....I used to lay on the floor with him when I was trying to get him to trustme - but I didn't do it a lot later on (although these last few months I did sit on the floor with him a lot).

Also - from the time on Sunday when I became more sure we were gonna lose him (about 2 pm) till we lost him - I had almost 6 hours. I spent at least one hour of that on the floor with him - talking to him - telling him I loved him - telling him how much he taught me. I spent it petting him the way he loved and snuggling with him and keeping him warm by holding him close.

Those memories hurt so much - and yet - they bring me such comfort.

The fact we were with him when he passed (even though I swore he didn't want me there) help too. I still see his head in shoulders cradled in Art's arms as he took his last few gasps....with me rubbing his nose and telling him I loved him. I was able to be there with him - and his crossing was so peaceful....

There is a verse in scripture about how we will comfort others with the comfort we've received (something like that) - and that is true. What I experienced this last year has made me stronger - but also the comfort I received from others.

I think part of what hurt the worst....besides losing Tiny....was knowing how much the forum was hurting. I didn't realize just how beloved he was until he got ill. When he passed - I so hated coming on here - I felt like I'd failed not only him - but the forum.

As I debated about getting another rabbit....two of the things I considered were....Miss Bea.....and the forum.

I really felt the pain of the forum - so many people were hurting so bad. Could bringing another rabbit into our family help us - and others - make it through the pain?

I don't normally like to point out one person or another - but one person who really influenced me - more by her past actions than anything else - was Bassetluv. As y'all may know - I loved her Raph...I followed him everytime she posted. Over time -we'd talked several times as Raph and Ginger both had health issues and we needed to think about their quality of life, etc.

When she got Yofi, I really felt like it helped not only her - but the forum. I felt like we all had another rabbit to love - one with a huge personality....etc. I know that her addition of Yofi really helped me to heal from the loss of Raph.

Now - as I type this - Zeus is choosing to groom Miss Bea and snuggling with her. (Honestly, I think they're both silently planning their next antics). His stories are helping to make people laugh (I hope) and somehow - I think he's reminding us that life does go on.

This isn't the life I would have chosen....if I'd had my way - Tiny would be here still and I'd have my best bud with me.

But honestly - I think in the last 24-48 hours, I've come to grips with this is the life God has dealt to me. I've struggled with my faith (which I've had for over 40 years now) more over the loss of Tiny than over anything else. I've yelled at God, I've questioned God - I even tried to make deals with God during Tiny's last 48 hours.

But I've come to the point that in my beliefs.....either God is God...or He isn't. Either I believe in Him during the rough times....or my belief is nothing at all.

I realized that the only reason He's been feeling silent to me - is that I was shutting Him out. I wasn't willing to listen.

Now that I've come to that conclusion - I find He's giving me peace....and a measure of acceptance.

Sorry to get off on my religious soapbox....but my faith is such a major part of who I am and what I am and what I believe.

Thanks for the encouraging words.....if I can somehow reach folks and get them to continue to take photos - to make memories of their rabbits NOW.....then it does help...it really does.

Peg

YO TINY!

I admit it - you were right.

She does a good job of grooming....and she is a lot of company.

So I'll take care of your woman while you take care of the does up there....

.....and someday - hopefully a LONG time from now - the three of us can get together and I can kick your *$#@ .... um I mean....

We can binky together.

Yeah...that's it.

ZEUS

Zeus wrote:
YO TINY!

I admit it - you were right.

She does a good job of grooming....and she is a lot of company.

So I'll take care of your woman while you take care of the does up there....

.....and someday - hopefully a LONG time from now - the three of us can get together and I can kick your *$#@ .... um I mean....

We can binky together.

Yeah...that's it.

ZEUS

Oh Zeus -

For a moment you made my face scrunch and prickles come up behind my eyes. Should I laugh or cry?

You have some bigpawprints to follow behind, but maybe, maybe - they're not to follow but to walk beside instead.

You better keep in line buddy, or Miss Bea will put the smackdown on you!

:bunnyhug:to all of you guys

Leaf wrote:
You have some bigpawprints to follow behind, but maybe, maybe - they're not to follow but to walk beside instead.
Oh wow - what a beautiful way to express those thoughts.....thank you so much.

Peg

I used to love the poetry of Helen Steiner Rice when I was growing up - here is one of her poems....it wasn't the one I was thinking of when I went searching for her poems....but it meant a lot to me..

[align=center]Gods Promise[/align] God did not promise sun without rain,
light without darkness,
or joy without pain.

He only promised us strength for the day
when the darkness comes
and we lose our way.

For only through sorrow
do we grow more aware
that God is our refuge
in times of despair.

For when we are happy
and life's bright and fair,
we often forget
to kneel down in prayer.

But God seems much closer
and needed much more
when trouble and sorrow
stand outside our door.

For then we seek shelter
in His wondrous love
and we ask Him to send us
help from above.

And that is the reason
we know it is true
that bright, shining hours
and dark, sad ones, too,
Are part of the plan
God made for each one,
and all we can pray is, "Thy will be done!"
(Helen Steiner Rice)

Here is the poem I was thinking of...

What God Has Promised

God hath not promised
Skies always blue
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives through.

God hath not promised
Sun without rain
Joy without sorrow
Peace without pain.

But God hath promise
Strength for the day
Rest for the labor
Light for the way;

Grace for the trials
Help from above
Unfailing sympathy
Undying love.

By: Annie Johnson Flint

More...

When I Must Leave You by Helen Steiner Rice

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica"] When I must leave you
for a little while,
Please do not grieve
and shed wild tears
And hug your sorrow
to you through the years,
But start out bravely
with a gallant smile;
And for my sake
and in my name
Live on and do
all things the same
Feed not your lonliness
on empty days
But fill each waking hour
in useful ways
Reach out your hand
in comfort and in cheer
And I in turn will comfort you
and hold you near;
And never, never
Be afraid to die,
For I am waiting
For you in the sky!

[line]
This Too Shall Pass by Helen Steiner Rice

[/font][font="verdana,arial,helvetica"] If I can endure for this minute
Whatever is happening to me,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be-
[/font] [font="verdana,arial,helvetica"]If I can remain calm and quiet
With all the world crashing about me,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me-
If I can but keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true,
That darkness will fade with the morning
And that this will pass away, too-
[/font]
[font="verdana,arial,helvetica"]Then nothing in life can defeat me
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break all of the chains
That are binding me tight in the darkness
And trying to fill me with fear-
For there is no night without dawning
And I know that my morning is near.
[/font]

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica"][line]
[/font]

[font="verdana,arial,helvetica"]
[/font]

You made me laugh today Big Guy....even if you weren't here.

I was reading back through old posts on the forum and came across this one....

Here is the toy - after I modified it to take off the heavy things....

And here is the reason why I modified it...from April 5th, 2005....

I found the baby chains in the baby section of Walmart. There were 8 in a package for .99 or I could buy a "quality" brand (forgetthe name) of 20 for something like $3.83. I bought 2 8 packs because I already had one at home.

I'm noticing that he sort of likes the toy - BUT - the toys are so heavy that they keep coming back and hitting him in the head.He's learning to duck....a little but then he gets mad if he gets hit. I'm going to take off the heavy toys and put on the keysI got him (also .99 at Walmart) so that he has better control over it. I'll take a picture as soon as I can - if I can stop laughing.

Of course, it doesn't help that he was running circles around his cage tonight and he ran right into the door and stopped dead in his tracks. I was laughing at the look on his face - so he ignored me for about 15 minutes. I tried to explain that I couldn't help laughing....but you would have thought I'd stepped on his tail or something to hurt him.

So now I have to learn to giggle quietly.

Tiny's Mom

Wow...he's so wonderful...I miss that big ol' guy...

He reminds me so much of Teeny with that story, except that with Teeny, when he knocks into furniture (which happens a LOT when he's racing around), he kinda binkies off when he hears me giggle. I think it's him giggling, too...silly boy!

I love that it made Tiny grumpy, though...that's so cute!!

Yo.....BunFather....

I wanted to let you know I'm taking good care of your woman here. Can't seem to reach your mom yet....I try to make her smile - but I'm not into "snuggles" with humans.....still can't figure out why you liked it so much.

But mom does a good job of giving us cilantro and carrots and stuff and I nudge her now when I don't get them first (I think she deliberately waits to MAKE me nudge her).

Anyway - back to your woman....I think she's somewhat happy now. We do some photo shoots together sometimes - here's a picture from one....

and here is something that mom said she never ever saw Miss Bea do while you two were together...

Its not the best dead bunny flop she's done....but mom says she never used to do them....so she's learning to relax some more with me around.

Mom misses you lots - and has days like today when she's sick with the flu and I don't know how to help her. But she's doing better. She only leaks sometimes.....and most of the time she looks at your pictures and smiles or tells stories about things you did.

You know what? I wish we could've met.....we might of even liked each other .... once you realized I was the boss.

Anyway - we're doing good here - and I'm looking out for them for you. So go binky with Samantha and GingerSpice and all the others....and know I've got this covered.

Zeus

Peg, I wanted to say thank you as well. I started a quick blog on here and realized I wouldn't be able to keep it up since my internet is so sketchy sometimes. So I bought a scrapbook and some disposable cameras and I take pictures and write things down when the buns do funny things or just do anything really. I took a lot of pics of Hazel recently when I was really worried about her "area" and her health. And I know one day I will have these things to help me remember how much I loved my spoiled brats... I mean my loving furballs, :)

And I went out and bought the stuff because of your encouragement and because I saw all of the beautiful memories you had of Tiny and unfortunately how quickly a rabbit can go from sick to the bridge.

So thank you so much. And this post has been beautiful to read. Tear-inducing, but beautiful. <3

Latest posts

Back