RIP Bandit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalballl

Reaction score
I don't have it in me to write a long message right now about what happened. But just wanted to let u all know that we lost Bandit last night.

I'm completely devastated. That little guy was my heart! I am really scared for Holly and how she'll adjust to being on her own. They were extremely attached. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Getting another rabbit is not an option at this time. I'm due on the 25th, and don't have time to do that at this time unfortunately)

Bandit will be sadly missed. He brought me more joy then he'll ever know. Always put a smile on my face and made me laugh.

RIP My baby boy.

Crystal

I'm sorry Crystal. It's devastating to lose someone that you love that much.

As for Holly, try to give her lots of company, maybe, if she won't chew it, a cuddly toy to snuggle with. If she saw his body she might be more accepting of what happened.

When Sweep lost Sunshine, after a while, we moved him around to give him a new stimulus and something to interest him, so maybe in a couple of weeks you could do something similar, somehow, with Holly.

I truly am sorry for your loss.

RIP Bandit.

Thanks Flashy. I am going to try and find her a stuffed animal or something today. We brought Bandit home, and put him in with her. She didn't really go near him, but she saw him. We left him there for a little bit.

That probably means she knew he was dead and that he smelt funny and different, so she should understand where he has gone, which will help her.

I am so sorry about Bandit! My advice would be just to spend a lot of time with Holly which will help both you as you go through your grieving period. My heart goes out to you & Holly.

I'm so sorry for Bandit! Losing a heart bunny is unbearable. Poor Holly shall need extra care and company now, but I believe thatshe'll also make you feel a bit better with her presence. Having an empty place is even worse.

April has started off badly...

Marietta

I know I already told you this, but I'm so very sorry about Bandit. He was such a special bunny. Rest in peace little guy :rainbow:

RIP bandit

I'm sorry for your very sudden loss, and with such horrible timing. But then things never seem to happen at the "right time"

I too allow the house mates to see the body after passing, my bun Ginger lost her house mate last year, she was very quiet and sullen for about 3 weeks, i paid her extra attention and just gave her stuff that made her extra comfortable.

Tessa and Thumper are still in their loss period having lost their mum last thursday. Thumper sniffed her mumthen bugged her eyes and moved away from her. Tessa sniffed her mum and proceeded to groom her. they have been very quiet for a few days, but starting to come out a bit, they both are dealing with their loss differently.

I hope your Holly adjusts ok, but i'm sure she will be sullen for a little while.

I'm I feel for the both of you, hugs--Gabby

Binky Free at the Bridge Bandit.:rainbow:

You will be missed so much by your Mommie, Daddy and your Bunny Girl Friend Holly.

I'm so sorry Crystal.

Love

Susan and all of Bandits Cousins:angelandbunny:

Oh Crystal, I saw this title and my heart just dropped. I know how special he was to you. Im so so sorry.

For Holly, I know you have a lot on your plate but she will need you now. Getting her a stuffed animal about his size will help too.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in peace sweet angelboy. You were so loved. :bunnyangel:

[align=left]I'm so sorry. He was a cute bunny and he will be missed. I've always wanted a "moo-cow lop" like he was. :([/align]

Thanks so much everyone!

It happened so fast and sudden it's very hard to deal with. I miss him like crazy. He even got worst right in the vet's office. He had Ecunili (sp?) and his neck was twisting worst and worst each day. It happened in a matter of days. The meds he was on wasn't cutting it. The next treatment option would've cost me $500, which at this point in time I couldn't do. Not with a baby on the way (any day now). So we had to let him go. I think he knew it was his time, he just laid there in his carrier very peacefully. I was with him the entire time. It was one of the hardest decisions I think I've ever had to make. And in the back of my mind the entire time was how Holly was going to deal with it. She has NEVER been alone. She came from a breeder with lots of bunnies to being with Bandit. But she seems to be adjusting pretty well.

I am going to bring her in to the dining room and make a little pen for her for now so she can be with me all the time. EventuallyI would like her back in her room that we made for her here at our new place, but for now I want her close. So hopefully by this weekend she will have something close to us.

I pulled out some old toys and stuff that I've had put away for quite some time to give her and she seems to be enjoying that. She's eating, not as much as she use to, but atleast she's still eating. I just can't stop worrying about her.

Devastated and Missing Her Baby Boy,

Crystal

:hug:It sounds like you are doing all the right things for Holly.

You know where I am.

x

Latest posts

Back