Ringo and his Ongoing Story of Hope

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Ringo. You guys have been through a lot. Iknow what that feels like. Hes such a trooper and he's so lucky to havea mom like you.

I'll be praying for your little guy. I cant imagine your vet bills :(

You guyshave been through so much. :pray: for Ringo (and :hug2: for you!)

Tell Ringo I thought of him today! Iwas reading The Private Life of the Rabbit, and the author was talkingabout how the dominant buck usually had the biggest testicles...:D

Here we go.

His set up.

100_6909.jpg

100_6913.jpg

100_6920.jpg

Falling over.

You can see when he stands how he leans. Usually he will fall.

Trying to get pets.

This is Ringo eating meds.

Towards the night yes. During the day he isfine. Also I noticed if he is out he is ok. The minute he goes back init starts. I don't know what to do.

I can not even take it one day at a time. I keep thinking if he doescome down with another round of it can we keep fighting. I am so pushedto the limit right now I just don't know.

Poor Sweetie. He sure doesn't seem to let it get him down. He was trying to get that camera when you put it in his cage.:)

Hugs to all of you. :hug2:

~Star~

Alicia,

R2 is more prone to tilt if he doesn't drink enough - you may want to try pushing a bit of pedialyte every two hours or so.

R2 also will tilt when he goes in his cage but sit pretty good whenhe's out of his cage playing. I find that if he is given at least 4hours per day out of his cage- he does better at not tilting.

I've also been opening up echinacea capsules and dumping them in babyfood and giving that to him - about 2 capsules per day in about 1/2 jarof baby food. He LOVES it....and just scarfs it right up.

R2 has had three or four bouts now w/ head tilt - mainly minor onessince his first one. They seem to come on if we get a draft in thehouse from it turning cold...or if he gets dehydrated a bit.

I'll definitely be praying for your family and your bunny.

Peg

JadeIcing wrote:
Towards the night yes.During the day he is fine. Also I noticed if he is out he is ok. Theminute he goes back in it starts. I don't know what to do.

I can not even take it one day at a time. I keep thinking if he doescome down with another round of it can we keep fighting. I am so pushedto the limit right now I just don't know.

Yay more things to try. I will start that ASAP.

TinysMom wrote:
Alicia,

R2 is more prone to tilt if he doesn't drink enough - you may want to try pushing a bit of pedialyte every two hours or so.

R2 also will tilt when he goes in his cage but sit pretty good whenhe's out of his cage playing. I find that if he is given at least 4hours per day out of his cage- he does better at not tilting.

I've also been opening up echinacea capsules and dumping them in babyfood and giving that to him - about 2 capsules per day in about 1/2 jarof baby food. He LOVES it....and just scarfs it right up.

R2 has had three or four bouts now w/ head tilt - mainly minor onessince his first one. They seem to come on if we get a draft in thehouse from it turning cold...or if he gets dehydrated a bit.

I'll definitely be praying for your family and your bunny.

Peg

JadeIcing wrote:
Towards the night yes.During the day he is fine. Also I noticed if he is out he is ok. Theminute he goes back in it starts. I don't know what to do.

Awww, poor darlin'! He's such a cutie and like Starina said, it definitely doesn't seem to get him down at all.

I have a couple questions, since I am new to the world of bunnies withhead tilt since I got Merri. I just found out earlier that your littleConnor had head tilt but made a full recovery. What was Connor's headtilt caused by, and what caused Ringo's head tilt? I was curious as towhy Connor made a full recovery and little Ringo hasn't (yet!).

I'm pulling for the little dude! :hug2:

Back