Rikki Tikki! You must love Orchard Grass.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadeRabbit

Reaction score
I got Rikki a new bowl to hang on the side of his cage, because he had my niece's, which I have been meaning to give back to her. Well, a couple of days ago my mother noticed Rikki Tikki was chewing on the bag of Orchard Grass and she moved it to the top of his cage. He pulled the bottom part in and chewed a hole in it. The dust spilled into his cage and his has a patch of crust on it. But he must really like the Orchard grass. He has never done this before.

What can I do to store his Grass? Any experiences? I was thinking a storage bin with latches.

If it's not a lot and he'll eat it all relatively quickly, a storage bin with a top and latches does fine. You'll be opening it every day anyway so there's no chance of it going moldy in there. If you have a LOT of hay (like 50+ lbs) then don't store it in an airtight box.

I buy my hay by the bale, and currently have about 100lbs of orchard grass stored in the back of my truck. Hey its dry.
As I need more I have one of those wheeled storage drawer things, and I fill one of the plastic drawers with hay. That is kept beside their cage ( a few inches out of reach ) the bottom drawer i keep their pellets in, top drawer is treats and toys, and the middle drawer is hay.

Latest posts

Back