rice crispies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
just a quick questionabout food for them. I have just found out my mum gave the bunnies abowl of rice crispies this moring(without the milk I add), and theyloved it!! They ate the whole bowl in 20 mins. Is this ok or do I nowhave o keep my mum away from them aswell?

I wouldn't do it on a regular basis andcertainly not in such a quantity but as an occasional treat it probablywouldn't hurt. I'll bet it was fun to see though. Crunch crunch! hehe.

Blyre

The odd one probably wontdoyourbunsany harm however I wouldn'tfeed a lot ofthem as they are high in sugar. If you want totreat them everydayfruit or veggies are a healthieralternative. :)I have rexes as well and personallyI keep offthe treats all together as my two put on weight so easily, however itvaries with each rabbit.;)

the thing is I didnt actually get to see themeating it as my mum put them out when I wasnt home! she said it wasreally cute to watch!

They get their veggies and pellets everyday. And some treats(fruits and little choch treats for bunnies).

But I think I will give them some rice crispies on an occassional basis.

Personally, I would avoid breakfast cereals.Rabbits don't handle starch or sugar well, and if fed in largequantities itcan upet their digestive system. Just be verycareful and feed in small amounts occasionally.

My mum gave my rabbits cornflakes one day (not afull bowl, just a handful) and she said Pebble absolutely lovedthem!:shock: This is Pebble who has to be persuaded to eat everything!The other two liked them as well, but I haven't given themanysince. I think it's fine to give them a little bit once ina while.:D

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Eve, its treats from the pet store speciallymade for the bunnies. I will have to check exactly what they are madeof. They get a few buttons every couple of days and have been for 5months now and they love them!!!

Latest posts

Back