Quantcast

Rex or Mini Rex?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

KittyKatMe

Reaction score
This is my 2 year old bunny, Candy Cane. I got her as a Christmas gift, so I am not sure what breed she is. She actually has pretty nice fur, even though she is molting in the picture. She is 6 1/2 lbs, which seems large for a Mini Rex and small for a Rex. What is she?

Samara

Reaction score
Her head is pretty small...I would say she's just a large mini rex. My first bun was a standard rex and he was just over 8 pounds.

Nancy McClelland

Larry
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very large mini or a small rex--not sure, but I think the designator is the weight/size. Coal was a mini, but she was almost 9 pounds when she came to us and looked like a furry blob with ears. Took a couple of years to get all the weight off of her.

Abby

Reaction score
No she looks just fine or even a bit thin looking at the picture. I just asked the same question about my rex, she's a mini. Looking at your bun I would say normal sized rex compared to mine.

hillrise

Reaction score
Is that a white triangle on the tip of her nose? If it is, that would indicate that she's VM. Only the minis have Blue-Eyed White as an accepted color, so it's very probable that she's a "mini" rex that missed out on the dwarf gene (thus the larger size).

However, there are standard rex that just don't get the proper growth, and end up that small, too.

Bunnylova4eva

Reaction score
I definitly would say a standard rex. Compared to my mini rex (4 1/2-5lb.), she looks really thin-my bunny is a bit chunky.

Latest posts