Rex or Mini Rex?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKatMe

Reaction score
This is my 2 year old bunny, Candy Cane. I got her as a Christmas gift, so I am not sure what breed she is. She actually has pretty nice fur, even though she is molting in the picture. She is 6 1/2 lbs, which seems large for a Mini Rex and small for a Rex. What is she?
B7AF3886_zps6af2d660.jpg

Her head is pretty small...I would say she's just a large mini rex. My first bun was a standard rex and he was just over 8 pounds.

Very large mini or a small rex--not sure, but I think the designator is the weight/size. Coal was a mini, but she was almost 9 pounds when she came to us and looked like a furry blob with ears. Took a couple of years to get all the weight off of her.

No she looks just fine or even a bit thin looking at the picture. I just asked the same question about my rex, she's a mini. Looking at your bun I would say normal sized rex compared to mine.

Is that a white triangle on the tip of her nose? If it is, that would indicate that she's VM. Only the minis have Blue-Eyed White as an accepted color, so it's very probable that she's a "mini" rex that missed out on the dwarf gene (thus the larger size).

However, there are standard rex that just don't get the proper growth, and end up that small, too.

I definitly would say a standard rex. Compared to my mini rex (4 1/2-5lb.), she looks really thin-my bunny is a bit chunky.

Latest posts

Back