Revolution

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their all the same. Only difference is the amount per tube.
Best dose for rabbits is 18mg/kg with plenty of room for give or take and still be well within the safe zone.
2.2kg rabbit x 18mg = 39.6mg so lets say 40mg dose.

puppy/kitten - Mauve is only 15mg of selamectin per tube. You would need almost 3 tubes.
Dog - Purple is 30mg per tube - still a little on the low side.
Dog - Brown is 60mg per tube - bit too much.
Cat - Blue is 45mg per tube - That looks perfect. (might end up with a smidge left in the tube anyway)

https://www.revolution4dogs.com/media/5604/revo%20pi.pdf
See here for a chart that includes the colour of the box vs strength of drug, potency, and a very simple MG per tube.
Keep in mind that the weight ranges on the boxes are for DOGS AND CATS. Rabbits have a much different metabolism then those animals. So medications, especially those used off label, must be administered at the proper dose and time.

Puppy/kitten one is what we use for a 4-5lb rabbit

Dosage is 6-18mg/kg

What are you trying to treat?

Last edited:
I have used the mauve colored one on my rabbits and they are both under 5lbs. It goes by weight, so you would need to calculate the dosage. Pudden was 3.2lbs, so he got a dosage of .12cc of revolution.

I have used the mauve colored one on my rabbits and they are both under 5lbs. It goes by weight, so you would need to calculate the dosage. Pudden was 3.2lbs, so he got a dosage of .12cc of revolution.

You can not dose by cc/ml as each colour of revolution is a different concentration. It is very important you dose your rabbit properly according to a rabbit dose not a dog or cat dose and pay attention to the amount of medication in each tube, not the weight on the package or how many ml's in a tube unless you are splitting it based on MG, between multiple animals.

That dosage that I gave Pudden is the rabbit dosage. My vet did the math to see what the dosage would be for Pudden and that was the dosage. I am not sure what all is in calculating the dosage for the rabbit. But I remember the dosage of revolution, and I used the mauve colored of revolution for him.

Their all the same. Only difference is the amount per tube.
Best dose for rabbits is 18mg/kg with plenty of room for give or take and still be well within the safe zone.
2.2kg rabbit x 18mg = 39.6mg so lets say 40mg dose.

puppy/kitten - Mauve is only 15mg of selamectin per tube. You would need almost 3 tubes.
Dog - Purple is 30mg per tube - still a little on the low side.
Dog - Brown is 60mg per tube - bit too much.
Cat - Blue is 45mg per tube - That looks perfect. (might end up with a smidge left in the tube anyway)

https://www.revolution4dogs.com/media/5604/revo pi.pdf
See here for a chart that includes the colour of the box vs strength of drug, potency, and a very simple MG per tube.
Keep in mind that the weight ranges on the boxes are for DOGS AND CATS. Rabbits have a much different metabolism then those animals. So medications, especially those used off label, must be administered at the proper dose and time.

You have to convert that 39.6mg into mL for the rabbit. A 40mg dosage is too much revolution for a rabbit under 5lbs.

You have to convert that 39.6mg into mL for the rabbit. A 40mg dosage is too much revolution for a rabbit under 5lbs.

No you don't.
That is not how medications work.

Look at how many mg the animal needs in this case this rabbit needs approx. 40mg. Then look at how many mg are in the medication. NOT how many ml.
If you simply look at ml's and are basing your dosages off that, this is probably why you have has problems previously with topical medications including the advantage II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back