Revolution for rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ara.bonbons

Reaction score
Hello! My bunny is 1 year and 2 months old. We were given Revolution for Puppies and Kittens since he weighs 1.3 kg which is about 2.3 pounds. I am scared to apply it. I do not want to overdose him. Please help

What is this product?
Is your Bunny ill or something is wrong with him?

If everything is fine, I wouldn't give him any medication related stuff.
Unlimited amount of hay, water, a place where he can roam 24/7 and maybe some pellets. That's it.

Also 1.3kg shouldn't be a problem. Certainly he could probably gain some weight, but one of ours has been 1.3 as well.

What is this product?
Is your Bunny ill or something is wrong with him?

If everything is fine, I wouldn't give him any medication related stuff.
Unlimited amount of hay, water, a place where he can roam 24/7 and maybe some pellets. That's it.

Also 1.3kg shouldn't be a problem. Certainly he could probably gain some weight, but one of ours has been 1.3 as well.
Revolution is a topical that is used to kill mites and fleas (i think it kills other types too). My bunny got infested with mites and our veterinarian gave us Revolution for him.

I see, was that an exotic vet?

I let others comment on the product, since I know nothing about it.

Revolution(selamectin) is considered one of the safer mite treatments for rabbits. The usual recommended dose for rabbits(18mg/kg) is 3 times what it would be for a cat or dog(6mg/kg). Rabbits need the higher dose for it to be effective(flea treatment in particular) as they metabolize some medications faster than other animals do, even topical spot on ones like Revolution.

The puppy/kitten Revolution contains 15mg of selamectin, which would actually be below the usual dose for a 1.3kg rabbit, though still within the effective dose for mites(12mg/kg). A rabbit the size of yours(1.3kg) can actually have at least 24mg(based on the study on treating fleas).

https://www.vgr1.com/revolution/
https://www.k-state.edu/media/newsr...widely,Kansas State University research team.

I powder my bunny with diatomaceous earth, being careful not to make too much dust. It’s worked well for me for years and I have never had to worry about overdosing them! My bunnies are various types of angoras!

Selamectin works great, though sometimes needs two doses. Did your vet give any instructions? As JBunn said, the kittens and puppies dose has just the right amount for mites for your bunny, but only one dose. One of my bunnies recently had mites — I gave him selamectin 10 days ago and he is feeling so much better! His hair was falling out and he was scratching a lot.

Be sure to part the hair well on the nape of the neck to apply it directly to the skin (I actually carefully cut back the hair there with a round tip scissor). Otherwise the liquid will just flow out to the ends of the hair and do no good.

Latest posts

Back