Revolution Dosage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momto3boys

Reaction score
I have a rabbit currently on his way here, he shoudl be here in less than an hr and I've been informed he is totally covered in fleas.

I searched on here and soon realized Revolution is the drug of choice, I can only get it tomorrow since the vets only open tomorrow (and OMG I don't actually think they do, for whatever reason I think they're closed on Mondays, then it will have to be Tuesday at the latest) but I'm not sure how much to give,. Do I give the full tube?

He is 15lbs and is a Flemish Giant.

Revolution is the trade name for selamectin

http://www.medirabbit.com/Safe_medication/Anti_parasitics/safe_antiparasitic.htm

It is dosed 6 mg per kg ; a kg =2.2lbs so he is a little under 7 kg meaning that he would need about 38-40 mg

Ionly have the pink package for puppies and kittens and one tube of that is not enough

So you would need to check with the vet for probably the Revolution for adult cats :?... I do not know how many mg /ml is in that but your vet would . Don't give the whole tube but formulate it 6mg/kg

We have had shelter rabbit with bad cases of fleas and the Revolution works really well within the first 24 hr. Just keep this bun away from your other rabbits.

This is what I got off the Revolution site

Cats (lb) Package color mg per tube Potency (mg/mL) Administered volume (mL)
Up to 5 Mauve 15 mg 60 0.25
5.1–15 Blue 45 mg 60 0.75
For cats over 15 lbs use the appropriate combination of tubes.

Does that help you at all??

OKAY.....Grrrr

I can't get the Revolution, the only way I can get it is if I take him in which I can't until Friday and I don't want to leave it that long, so she told me to go with Advantage..

So do I just put one full tube of the adult cat between his shoulder blades? It's for 9lbs and up.

I'm so confused and frustrated I could cry. :cry2
As you can tell I'm not used to dealing with this kind of stuff!

dosage of 15 lbs for a cat is not the same of 15 lb for a rabbit
find out the mg per ml in the one tube that you buy ; you may not need a whole tube

I can't seem to find it online at all so I guess I'll have to wait until my friend drops it off to me and I can check the tube.

She works until 2:30 and it's 1 here now so I won't have it for about 2 more hrs.

Is there a chance that I will need more than 1 tube? If so it's not a problem I just need to know before she picks it up.

:banghead

She told me it's the exact same for a rabbit as it is for a cat.

I asked her how many mg per ml is in one tube and she told me the tube is .8ml.

That's all the info she has, that's all that's on the label.

Are you buying it from a store or ordering it over the Internet.

When you get it buy a few tubes of it. it will be on the packaging as I believe it has to be according to law.

Don't worry about it ; we will figure it out

I'm getting it at the vets but my friend is picking it up for me since my boyfriend has the car at work and we live 15 mins out of town.

So my friend is picking it up when she is done work in an hr and she's going to bring it out to me on her way home...she was only going to pick up one tube but I can get her to pick up 2 tubes...that's not a biggy but I don't know if I'll get a box, it might just be the tubes, would it say on the tubes?

I just called the rabbit savvy vet that is 3 hrs away from me and she said it's actually NOT on the box anywheres but "off label use" is the exact same for a cat so I would treat him like a 15lb cat and he would get the whole tube.

I am a nervous wreck!

I would use the whole tube then because that is what the article I posted previously stated if the rabbit is larger and use 1/2 tube if the rabbit is smaller.
I will pm Claire and see if she gets this but i think 1 tube is fine .

Latest posts

Back