Revamped my rabbitry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarzoo

Reaction score
Since I've added the Checkered Giants to my herd of bunnies, I've needed to redo the way I have things set up in my rabbit area. At one point I had 15 bunnies in an area I had only thought I'd be housing 5. Don't worry, everyone had enough room- it just wasn't easy to maneuver (or clean) for a human. Lol!

Well, last weekend I finally had the time to do something about it. All of the Checkered babies, except Uno who is mine (YIPPEE!) have gone back home to their owner. I still have Chowder, the babies mom, for awhile. That just leaves my resident fuzzy lops: Styme, my old man (9.5years old), Fiona and her three babies. I have a three-hole hanging cage that the fuzzy lops live in, plus a two-hole stacking cage for juniors to grow up in. Plus, the two solid-bottomed cages the Checkered's live in.

I built Uno his very own big-boy cage. It is three foot wide, four foot long and three foot tall. I might still add a shelf in it for him. Boy does it look huge! He can't even come close to reaching the top of the cage. It makes him angry cause his favorite thing to do is toss things off that I foolishly leave on the top of his cage! :D But he loves all the new space. I also put up all new shade cloth now that the summer sun is heating up. Everyone got new fans to keep the fresh air circulating. I re-placed the shavings in the playpen, and planted some ferns around it. Everything got dusted, de-furred, sweeped, hosed down, disinfected and put away nicely. I even bought a new bale of hay!

Phew! Am I tired, but boy does it look good. It feels nice to go out there and have nothing left on my 'to-do' list except feed, water, andplay with the bunnies! Hope I didn't bore anyone with my rambling- but I just wanted to share my Spring Cleaning Fling!

I still have to finish organizing my bunny stuff, and I only have two cages! I started in January, but never really finished, oops...

Do you have some pictures of your newly organize and now beautiful bunny area? I would love to see.

--Dawn

:laugh:Lol! I think I'll pass that one up. I've already done a spring cleaning day at one friends barn, and am thinking about going to help out another. I don't think I need to add anymore to my list, hehe! Good luck, though :brat:

-Lindsay

bluebird wrote:
good news. if you are bored i havent finished my spring cleaning yet.lol bluebird

I don't have pictures yet, but will try to get some. It's kind of a long, skinny area, so it's hard to get good pictures of- but I'll try this weekend.

aurora369 wrote:
I still have to finish organizing my bunny stuff, and I only have two cages! I started in January, but never really finished, oops...

Do you have some pictures of your newly organize and now beautiful bunny area? I would love to see.

--Dawn

Thats great! Its always nice when we start getting the warmer weather because it motivates me to start cleaning. Its amazing how much mess our little bunnies can make!

Polly- Yes, I do have some pictures. I actually took some pictures today! I am going to try to update my Bunny Blog, right now my pictures are scattered all over the place. When I do, I'll link to it from here. Thanks for asking!

polly wrote:
Hey Clarzoo have you gotany pics of a full grown giant chequared i would love to see one

Latest posts

Back