Restless Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliceBunny

Reaction score
We have had a heat wave in my area in the last week and therefore I had to move my bunny into the basement which is keeping her nice and cool. The downside is that the upstairs of the house is where I usually let her run around but it is much too hot for her to be running around upstairs (it was 95 inside today!). It's not like she is in a small cage, so has a whole puppy play pen area set up but she is very clearly restless and keeps finding ways to escape in the basement. The basement is not set up for her to free roam but I don't know how to let her get her energy out while she is contained in her pen. I've tried making her lots of new toys and boxes to play in but she still always looks anxious and gets into trouble. She's been pacing back and forth in her pen and peeing outside of her litter box which is something she hasn't done before. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

If you can hang out down there with her for an hour or two throughout the day, I'm sure it will be safe for her to roam if you keep a close eye on her. Bring a book or something with you, but remain aware. It's a good chance for some bonding time and it should provide her with some relief.

The change in scenery may be making her anxious. Anything of hers that you can bring down for her will help her feel more at ease, such as toys, rugs, blankets, etc. Rabbits really don't like change and get worried when they can't get back to what they think of as their space. Having you with her will also help her feel more at ease, since you're part of her space too. :)

Latest posts

Back