*restarts heart* That Acheron on mine will be the end of me!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatsMySimi

Reaction score
Today, I walked into my room after being gone most of the morning, and there was Ash, on his side, looking like he was dead. I walked him, spoke to him "Hey, Ash, you alive?" and had to go over and touch him to get him to move!

:shameWhat a fart face!

Oh gosh i hate when that happens especially with Nibbles, every morning i run over if hes dead flopped and clap loudly and poke him :)But it is rather worrying when your not sure, Gosh.

Becca:p

Their dead bunny flops can be so convincing, can't they? Don't they know they're scaring the poop out of their mommas? Silly bunners.

:panic:.

Lottie does the same to me all the time! She is a really really relaxed bunny, on her side, eyes closed, sometimes even if I shake the side of the cage she doesn't wake up. I literally have to prod her and move her about to wake her up!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Eeek! Mouse did a flop the other day with her legs hanging off the edge of the shelf! :scared: I almost had a heart attack too, until she moved her head a bit... Then I just got the camera out:dude:

I swear they do it just to scare us!

Benson scares me all the time. He is 8.5, so he is elderly. He is also deaf and blind, so sometimes he sleeps with his eyes half open....and he can't hear, so noises don't scare him.

Whenever I see him flopped out, I study his breathing and if I can't tell...I poke him with his food dish until he moves, lol.

:p

I hate when Loki does that! He usually gets up if I shake the cage.

There was one time that he was all flopped out on his side and I couldn't tell if he was breathing. I called his name. I rattled the cage and then I started to hyperventilate a little bit and ran to get my dad so he could check on him. I couldn't bare touching my baby and having him be stiff and cold. My dad shook him a little and he flipped back onto his legs. Boy was he GRUMPY! thump Thump THUMP. lol! I was never so glad to see his angry little feet flick us off. Lily never dead bunny flops. Like...ever. So I will definitely know when my baby girl passes. :(

t.

That is scary! My bunny formly known as Bella has done that few times and it looks so convincing I have to poke or say something to get some movement.

One of my rats used to do that 'all' the time when he was sleeping. I once looked in the cage and he was on his back, all four legs straight up in the air, not a single movement. I could hardly even tell if he was breathing. I called his name ... nothing. Opened the cage door and poked at him and still nothing! (my heart nearly stopped then) I had to poke at him a couple more times before he slowly started to move, flipped over and gave me a dirty look.

He usually doesn't do full DBF's! Just little half ones. He's a pretty relaxed rabbit, will even let cats into his 'room'.

Little bugger, I swear, he does things just to scare me!

Sammy hasn't done any DBF's yet but Zamboni is great at them, but he jumps right up if you touch him. A few of my ferrets on the other hand have really scared me. They get into such a deep sleep that they don't respond to anything.

One time I was completely freaked out with Nicky. I was gently shaking him blowing in his face and raising my voice saying his name with no response. Dana and I where half way out the door on the way to the emergency vet when he woke up and just looked at us wondering what was going one.LOL

Looking back on it now it's funny, but at the time I was really scared and worried that I was going to loose my first fur kid. As a precaution we bought a stethoscope so we can double check any unsure Dead Ferret Flops (DFF's).

bunbunluv wrote:
One of my rats used to do that 'all' the time when he was sleeping. I once looked in the cage and he was on his back, all four legs straight up in the air, not a single movement. I could hardly even tell if he was breathing. I called his name ... nothing. Opened the cage door and poked at him and still nothing! (my heart nearly stopped then) I had to poke at him a couple more times before he slowly started to move, flipped over and gave me a dirty look.
Ahem...like this :rollseyes?...

l_87d0fba4279f1b4bd3437a1316fadea6.jpg

Latest posts

Back