RESOLVED - Urgent in Palm City, FL

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I think they are bonded they groom each other through the cages. One thumps like he's mad they aren't together. I just wasn't sure if i should keep them together or apart. I think the bald spot on the back of the ones neck is from over grooming. Snoopy does that to Sadie. But yes they look JUST alike. Once the hair grows all back you'll never be able to tell them apart. They just have LOTS and LOTS of mats all over.

I'm going to start them a new blog so everyone can follow them.

I'm going to call around to find someone that would shave them I think thats going to be the best bet. I also will make appt for the vet for them too. I want to have them nutered as soon as i can. I'm not sure how old they are hopefully the vet can get a good idea.

Thanks Patti, It was really great to met you as well. We had a awsome day. My new boyfriend just is the best. He has learned alot about rabbits since we started dating.

Wow..just catching up here! Great work Patti on your first rescue as a mod! And great work everyone!

Welcome Sara- we're so glad to have you!

The boys are just adorable. Will you try and bond them after their neuters? They are so lucky to be safe with you, Steph!

I'm going to try cardboard. I am going to get coroplast this weekend. I'm also going to take patti's idea and put cardboard around the sides of the cage too.

It shouldn't be long till i have them fixed. I called 3 vets today i got 3 prices. 95$, 250.$ and 415.00$ now mind u those are prices for just 1 rabbit!! I was happy with 95.00 plus he is a really good vet. I'm going to make a check up appoitment then talk to him about a discount for the both of them.

Stephanie - Do you think you could get them to Gainesville Rabbit Rescue. They are actually located in Williston, about a two hour drive for you. GRR can take them to their vet and have them neutered for $35.

Stephanie,

Are you fostering them for a rescue, or just keeping them on your own? Our rescue could neuter them through us, if you're going to be adopting them out- or are you planning on keeping them? Our vet costs $75. It's not bad, and they do good work.

We're looking for foster homes and volunteers in your area.. I used to live right there in Gulfport, but I'm a little under an hour south of you.

Let me know. We're having a volunteer meeting this Friday at 6, and we'd love to see you, I'd be happy to shave the boys down for you that night too if you wanna bring 'em.

Kristie

Honestly I really haven't really figure out what I am going to do. They needed a place and I had the space. Plus I had been thinking about getting another rabbit. Right now I just want to get them nutered very soon because of them both spraying and they are in my bedroom. Also take care of the mats. I just knew I could help and they would be able to stay here with me as long as it took to find them a place. Thats why I went ahead and took both of them. She said she had a temporary foster home for the one and I knew they could both stay with me forever if need be. But I also keep thinking that If i just foster them till I can find wonderful home then I'd be able to help another rabbit. I'm really torn. Plus the fact that they are super sweet and cute!!! doesn't help.

They are here now and I consider them my new babies and I will take care of them just like they are my own. Whatever I have to do for them I will.

Latest posts

Back